+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Renewal

adamzakayev

Dec 5, 2016
Hey Folks !

My Fiance got a year and a half study permit on arrival and will be expired on September of 2017. One of the document requirement which concerns me is the proof of university enrollment. She attended Winter 2016 semester and is currently finishing her 2nd semester i.e. Fall 2016. She is planning to take the winter 2017 off and go back to school on Summer 2017. In the documents checklist IMM 5555 they requested for the transcripts of previous two semesters. So will skipping the winter semester be a problem if she applies for the study permit extension during August of 2017 and send the academic standing documents of Fall 2016 & Summer 2017 for that particular requirement ?

Thanks

Adam

varunnarayan

Jun 15, 2015
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-0
Winter and fall semester are also called as " Academic session " according to CIC. From the info that I've read online , Skipping an academic session will cause a few descripancies in your PGWP application and might cause problems when it comes to study permit. One of the clauses that you've adhered to when applying for study permit is that , " You'll be a full time student during academic session and will work only 20-hrs a week at Off-campus work places.". So, You're fiance will be making 2 mistakes instead of one. You can only work full time during thr summer which is not considered an academic session .