+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit renewal timeline update

peterkim777

Nov 12, 2020
Hi guys

I just received final decision from Government of Canada that my Study permit application is approved.
I want to share the timeline information for the one who is looking for this kind of information.

My study permit is suppose to expire on March 31st, 2023.
Therefore I applied for renewal my study permit on January 17th, which received the Submission confirmation and Confirmation of online application submission message on same day (2023.01.17)
And I received the final decision on February 24th.
So it took approximately 5~6 weeks, which is 1~2 weeks longer than the processing time which indicated from the website (it was 4 weeks when I was applied for it).

Hope that this information may can help you.
I understand that the Visa application process is really stressful and time-consuming.
Good luck.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi guys

I just received final decision from Government of Canada that my Study permit application is approved.
I want to share the timeline information for the one who is looking for this kind of information.

Therefore I applied for renewal my study permit on January 17th, which received the Submission confirmation and Confirmation of online application submission message on same day (2023.01.17)
So it took approximately 5~6 weeks, which is 1~2 weeks longer than the processing time which indicated from the website (it was 4 weeks when I was applied for it).

I understand that the Visa application process is really stressful and time-consuming.
Good luck.
Did you apply for a new permit or an extension? From the processing time it looks like a new Inland application. Can you tell me why you went with a new application, are you starting a new program and were required to have a new permit? I have a similar situation.

Menzhel1462

Star Member
Mar 7, 2022
Hi guys

Good luck.
Hi is this for a study permit extension? Mine is expiring on the 16th of March and I applied on January 20th. Can you please indicate if this is an extension?
If your application is an extension then hopefully I should get a reply on mine soon

peterkim777

Nov 12, 2020
Did you apply for a new permit or an extension? From the processing time it looks like a new Inland application. Can you tell me why you went with a new application, are you starting a new program and were required to have a new permit? I have a similar situation.
Hi there
I changed my program from Master to Doctoral program.
And I applied for Study permit extension.
Which used exact same UCI and filled the IMM5709 form.
And the issued document is "Permit-SP-EXT".
Hope that you can receive the final decision ASAP.
Good luck :)

Last edited:

Menzhel1462

Star Member
Mar 7, 2022
Hi there
I changed my program from Master to Doctoral program.
And I applied for Study permit extension.
Which used exact same UCI and filled the IMM5709 form.
And the issued document is "Permit-SP-EXT".
Hope that you can receive the final decision ASAP.
Good luck :)
Hi, thanks for replying! when did you receive this Permit-SP-EXT? Was it when you were approved?

peterkim777

Nov 12, 2020
Hi, thanks for replying! when did you receive this Permit-SP-EXT? Was it when you were approved?
Hi,
I applied the extension on Jan 17th
And received the mail on February 25th from CIC, "We sent you a message about your application (S**********) ".
Based on the CIC website the decision was made on February 24th.

Menzhel1462

Star Member
Mar 7, 2022
Hi,
I applied the extension on Jan 17th
And received the mail on February 25th from CIC, "We sent you a message about your application (S**********) ".
Based on the CIC website the decision was made on February 24th.
Oh congratulations! Did you receive any emails in between? Like an update when they started reviewing your eligibility?

peterkim777

Nov 12, 2020
Oh congratulations! Did you receive any emails in between? Like an update when they started reviewing your eligibility?
Thank you :)
After I applied for SP extension, I received only 5 mails from CIC.

First 3 mail is about confirmation of submission/online application (17th) and status update (18th, which they started my application review)

And last 2 mail I received on Feb 25th, about status changed (application approved) and new message (corresponding letter).

I hope that you could hear sth from CIC this week.
Good luck:)

Last edited:

Boltj194

Star Member
May 24, 2022

First 3 mail is about confirmation of submission/online application (17th) and status update (18th, which they started my application review)

And last 2 mail I received on Feb 25th, about status changed (application approved) and new message (corresponding letter).

could you please check background showing not applicable or we are processing ?

Boltj194

Star Member
May 24, 2022

could you please check background showing not applicable or we are processing after u applied ?

Boltj194

Star Member
May 24, 2022
Hi guys

Good luck.
wat was ur backgroune check showing not applicable or we are processing background check ?