+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Renewal -Application Since 2020, Asking For Transcript?

Longroadtoimmigration

Sep 19, 2018
App. Filed.......
September 19th 2018
Interview........
I rebuke it ijn
LANDED..........
I shall testify
She came to Canada in 2014 January. But when she got here she didn’t go to school. Until 2015. She has been in school since 2015 and currently in her final year. However they are requesting for a transcript between 2014-2015 or a resonable explanation to why she doesn’t have it.
She didn’t go because she had culture shock when she came .
I’m currently looking for a reasonable explanation that will convince the officer so she can get her study permit renewed.

Last edited:

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
She came to Canada in 2014 January. But when she got here she didn’t go to school. Until 2015. She has been in school since 2015 and currently in her final year. However they are requesting for a transcript between 2014-2015 or a resonable explanation to why she doesn’t have it.
I’m currently looking for a reasonable explanation that will convince the officer so she can get her study permit renewed.
That is violation of her SP and the officer has given a chance to clarify before making decision. She should have changed status to Visitor Visa after 150days window. There was culture shock when she came, but she decided to stay, In most case student choose to leave after proving difficult to cope with the culture. Im not sure what other explanation, but try to explain the best you can and the fact the she continues her studies until final year. Consult immigration lawyer or consultant if you can....

Reactions: wonderbly

JuhatmaRhdn

Star Member
Nov 1, 2021
That person has been in school since 2015 and has not finished yet? I am assuming that by school, you mean college. But if it is college, unless that person was doing a PHD program, it seems that she did not maintained a full time student status since 2015. If that is the case, it can be problematic when applying for a renewed SP (Or even PGWP)

Reactions: Simba112

marleesingh

Star Member
Mar 12, 2021
how did she get back into school in 2015?
I believe i was told school is required to report to IRCC absent students after 90days, and study permit is cancelled.