+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit renewal and charges will be withdrawn by diversion

prdgo

Oct 8, 2015
Hi ,

I am international student in Canada, i was charged with assault in Aug 2015 but related charges will be withdrawn by alternative measures in January 2016. My problem is that i have to apply for renewal of my study permit in Feb 2016. I was wondering that is it effect my study permit renewal and future PR application. Did anyone able to get renewal their permits and PR with withdrawn criminal charges ? Any senors suggestions please. One more question how stay of proceeding will effect on study permit renewal

Thank you

fyfy123

Apr 26, 2017
Hi ,

I am international student in Canada, i was charged with assault in Aug 2015 but related charges will be withdrawn by alternative measures in January 2016. My problem is that i have to apply for renewal of my study permit in Feb 2016. I was wondering that is it effect my study permit renewal and future PR application. Did anyone able to get renewal their permits and PR with withdrawn criminal charges ? Any senors suggestions please. One more question how stay of proceeding will effect on study permit renewal

Thank you
Hello, what happened in your case? I am in a similar case. Please let me know!

prdgo

Oct 8, 2015
Hi ,

My charge was stayed ( dismissed) by crown in January 2016. I got the study permit renewal.