+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit related question, URGENT!! help

pradhuman1821

Oct 12, 2023
Hey, i wanted to ask some questions about my future study plans here in canada. I am currently enrolled in 1 year program ( 1 yr study permit) in nct but i want to take my 2nd year program in canada as well so that i can work for 3 years ( 3 yr work permit).

1. when do i need to take the 2nd year program? can i switch my field of study?

2. what if i want to change my province after 1 yr program, for example like some college in Calgary (Alberta) next year, will it affect my future pgwp and will i be able to get 3 yr work permit?

The main issue that concerns me is will i be able to get 3 yr work permit if i complete my 2 year study in different provinces, 1 year in ontario (current) and 1 in alberta ( in may 2024).

thank you

eccv

Star Member
Sep 9, 2023
The province where you study should not matter.
As long as you the combined length of your study is 2 years or longer, you should get 3-year PGWP.

pradhuman1821

Oct 12, 2023
The province where you study should not matter.
As long as you the combined length of your study is 2 years or longer, you should get 3-year PGWP.
so you are saying like the study should be 2 years ( whether 1+1 or direct 2) without any gap in between, and province does not matter?

eccv

Star Member
Sep 9, 2023
The second program needs to be completed within 2 years after completing the first program.

Also just make sure that both programs are eligible for PGWP.