+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Rejected (URGENT advice required)

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
melissa88 said:
Thx for ur reply!

My boyfriend is a student. He has been in studying in Canada for close to a year now. We had previously applied for a TRV to visit him but was also refused. That's a wrong move as that was how they got to know I have a bf there! Regret but can't do anything about it for now :(
nope if ur boyfriend is not canadian citizen or PR then I dont think that would impact ur application,, even he can sponsor u for open work permit so that not the problem,, the problem is ur previous education,,

melissa88

Oct 24, 2014
My previous education? Do you think I should change the program to a LLM instead?

But I no longer wants to be a lawyer and did explain to them that how the International Business is relevant for my Corporate Secretary career route.

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
melissa88 said:
My previous education? Do you think I should change the program to a LLM instead?

But I no longer wants to be a lawyer and did explain to them that how the International Business is relevant for my Corporate Secretary career route.
well I am not in law stuff and I don't know what comes after Bachelor of law,, but one thing which matters is u can change ur course after coming here, apply with whatever best match to Ur previous education and then change ur course when u come here, and malaysians do get visas,

melissa88

Oct 24, 2014
Thanks for your advice. I will try to apply for the Masters for Law first then.

How should I address/explain the change in my choice of course in my new application? Any need to address the concern of the VO for my previous refusals?

Yea I know Malaysians do get visa but the agent told me it's difficult nowadays. Not sure if he's right though.

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
melissa88 said:
Thanks for your advice. I will try to apply for the Masters for Law first then.

How should I address/explain the change in my choice of course in my new application? Any need to address the concern of the VO for my previous refusals?

Yea I know Malaysians do get visa but the agent told me it's difficult nowadays. Not sure if he's right though.
No he is right its difficult for almost every country,, u do have to mention about ur previous refusals but not necessary to mention in SOP tho, ur sponsor should show bank statement of atleast 4 months old ok,, and it should be one year tuition fee + one year living expenses,, u r professional be one

melissa88

Oct 24, 2014
Funny enough, they are rejecting me based on my personal assets and financial status as well when I have already shown them bank statement of my parents for the last 4 months with more than enough for fee and living expenses (also paid the fee in full already), the property they own and other relevant documents.

Not sure how a fresh graduate can own houses or land though!

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
melissa88 said:
Funny enough, they are rejecting me based on my personal assets and financial status as well when I have already shown them bank statement of my parents for the last 4 months with more than enough for fee and living expenses (also paid the fee in full already), the property they own and other relevant documents.

Not sure how a fresh graduate can own houses or land though!
Well then everything looks good I think only problem is ur education u should then there is a chance,, good luck

Hienz

Nov 29, 2012
Hello Dafe,

I am just wondering if you could advice me this kind of situation:

I am a Filipino and i have been living in Thailand for 9 years.

I am planning to apply a Study Permit to Canada here in Thailand.

Is it possible to have done my Study Permit here in Thailand considering that I am not Thai citizen or even permanent residence?

Thank you in advance for your time regarding my query. I do apprecite it.

spidec

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-05-2016
Med's Request
08-08-2016
Passport Req..
15-11-2016
melissa88 said:
Yup I did! Explained in my LOE that after having worked in a law firm for close to two years, I realised that my real interest is to work in the Corporate world. Even attached the letter from ICSA stating that I am currently undertaking their program and going to sit for their exam in December.

Even explained to them that I resigned from my previous job (with encouragement and financial support of parents) as to fully prepare for the 6 final papers for the ICSA (I got exemptions so I only need to complete the 6 papers in order to get the ICSA qualification). We all think it is best to quickly finish off the 6 papers before commencing the International Business in January.

Also explained that International Business is relevant because I need it to complement my Law degree and ICSA. I am intending to work as a Corporate Secretary in a multinational company. Thus, it is relevant for me to ensure that I have the sufficient business background.

Do you think it's really because of my bf who is already studying in Canada? What can I do to clear their doubt about that?

Melissa... do you mind helping me out with the explanation letter? I am facing the same issue here :( thanks...

enywmara

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
25-05-2022
AOR Received.
07-07-2022
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-12-2021
Interview........
Not needed
melissa88 said:
Thanks! I will try again!
Hi melissa,

Did you re-apply again? What was the result?

favi

Nov 23, 2017
Hello. Please I would need your help

Can't send u a message to ur inbox, it's full
Anyways
Ok that's fine. U nid to reapply as soon as possible I will guide u on how to attend to those refusals note. My letter of explanation was fabulous that's if u can follow my steps. However how old are u? Do u av any gap in ur studies? Like maybe a year or 2?

shadwa

Nov 19, 2016
Anyways
Ok that's fine. U nid to reapply as soon as possible I will guide u on how to attend to those refusals note. My letter of explanation was fabulous that's if u can follow my steps. However how old are u? Do u av any gap in ur studies? Like maybe a year or 2?
Can you please explain it to me also

ilsenmeriles

Jan 26, 2018
Anyways
Hey could you help me too. Pretty much same situation here. I think my application was kind of ok. But I need to proof the ties to my country too. Besides I applied being inside Canadá with a visitor visa. Which a couple of consultants have told me now is not recommended so I’m going back home to reapply but I need help with the SOP. And the all process I don’t even know if I have to attach the first refusal letter trying to answer to their refusal reasons or I shouldn’t mention it. Help please!