+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit refused

donaldk

Jun 26, 2019
Hi all,
Here is the reason they rejected my application :

Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.

I don’t understand because I attached a Grant letter of my scholarship that covers:
Tuition, Fees & Insurance
$16,575
Living Expenses
$43,500
Travel and Enchancement Expenses
$6,470
Tax Withholding
$0
Total
66 545 USD

All the money is in US dollars,

Can someone help me, I would like to re-apply

narayanjha65

Star Member
May 28, 2019
Hi all,

Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.

I don’t understand because I attached a Grant letter of my scholarship that covers:
$16,575
Living Expenses
$43,500
$6,470
Tax Withholding
$0
Total
66 545 USD

it looks that ircc just refuses some students without strong reasons,i have even head something foul play.my student visa has been refused two times without valid reasons,this time that i am not a bonafide stu
Hi all,

$16,575
Living Expenses
$43,500
$6,470
Tax Withholding
$0
Total
66 545 USD

it looks that ircc just refusing some students without valid reasons,my student visa has been refused two times,this time reason i am not a bona fide student,i and my consultant both are surprised and socked,i am reapplying again with strong justification,i feel you also re-apply with strong justification,all the documents attested/notorised,please try agan,i too,thanks

maameyaa gh

Jun 29, 2019
I applied for the student visa too recently.
This is my SOP

I have been delighted by Economics as it could depict societal issues precisely by mathematical
tools. The experience of being a teaching and research assistant at the department of
Economics KNUST- Ghana developed my professional skills with researchers and public
speaking with students. This experience guided me to read and thought more over how to
clarify my ideas through further learning in the field of Economics.
The reason for choosing this institution is that, the institution would help me acquire the
necessary skills to help my country when I return. And I know from research that, University of
Lethbridge is among one of the best Universities in Canada which would help me understand all
the important models in the field of Economics to help me to be an expert.
Also the reason for choosing studying in Canada but not any other country is that, Canada is a
peaceful country. Also I am sure that with the international reputation and high level standard
of the country in terms of providing teaching and research as well as the availability of
academic facilities and brilliant contemporary experts in academia and other professions,
studying in Canada would help me develop the needed skills. Also due to lack of adequate
educational facilities faced by Ghanaian education system and lack of constant electricity
supply, students in Ghana find it difficult to do research in order to improve upon the quality of
education received; most Ghanaian students have done masters in Ghana and yet are not the
best in practice because of inadequate educational facilities, lack of constant electricity supply,
low lecturers-student ratio of which one lecturer in Ghana handles about 10,000 students in
terms of teaching and handles about 100 students in terms of research supervision, that is, the
Lecturer student ratio in Ghana is 1: 10,000 which shows a serious problem in Ghana
educational system. This makes the outcome of students produced to be ineffective in terms of
solving societal problems. So I decided to do another masters in Canada so as to avoid the
educational problems faced in Ghana in order to help me to be an expert in terms of my future
lecturing in Ghana.
In the next years ahead of me, I would like to be a researcher and a lecturer in Ghana that is the
reason I have decided to do another masters before my Phd so that I would be exceptional in
the field of Economics to help my country. As a lecturer I would impart knowledge to young
students on how to apply Economics principles to solve societal problems and devote myself to
helping students understand Economics as a subject in Ghana. Being exceptional in the field of
Economics, I would help the government of Ghana to come out with economically viable
policies which will contribute to the development of the economy.

I WAS REFUSED FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

Can you pls help me out on what to do.

I.D.S

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
This is my SOP

I have been delighted by Economics as it could depict societal issues precisely by mathematical
tools. The experience of being a teaching and research assistant at the department of
Economics KNUST- Ghana developed my professional skills with researchers and public
speaking with students. This experience guided me to read and thought more over how to
The reason for choosing this institution is that, the institution would help me acquire the
necessary skills to help my country when I return. And I know from research that, University of
Lethbridge is among one of the best Universities in Canada which would help me understand all
Also the reason for choosing studying in Canada but not any other country is that, Canada is a
peaceful country. Also I am sure that with the international reputation and high level standard
of the country in terms of providing teaching and research as well as the availability of
academic facilities and brilliant contemporary experts in academia and other professions,
studying in Canada would help me develop the needed skills. Also due to lack of adequate
educational facilities faced by Ghanaian education system and lack of constant electricity
supply, students in Ghana find it difficult to do research in order to improve upon the quality of
education received; most Ghanaian students have done masters in Ghana and yet are not the
best in practice because of inadequate educational facilities, lack of constant electricity supply,
low lecturers-student ratio of which one lecturer in Ghana handles about 10,000 students in
terms of teaching and handles about 100 students in terms of research supervision, that is, the
Lecturer student ratio in Ghana is 1: 10,000 which shows a serious problem in Ghana
educational system. This makes the outcome of students produced to be ineffective in terms of
solving societal problems. So I decided to do another masters in Canada so as to avoid the
educational problems faced in Ghana in order to help me to be an expert in terms of my future
lecturing in Ghana.
In the next years ahead of me, I would like to be a researcher and a lecturer in Ghana that is the
reason I have decided to do another masters before my Phd so that I would be exceptional in
the field of Economics to help my country. As a lecturer I would impart knowledge to young
students on how to apply Economics principles to solve societal problems and devote myself to
helping students understand Economics as a subject in Ghana. Being exceptional in the field of
Economics, I would help the government of Ghana to come out with economically viable

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

I am in no way an expert on the matter. But I guess there are ways you could improve your sop:
1. Don't present your country in a negative light. When I read your SOP it feels like you want to escape the economic and social difficulties in your country. Given what you said earlier, your later claim about wanting to come back sounds insincere. I am also a researcher in a university and I wrote a similar SOP stating I want to become a lecturer in a university in my home country. So briefly state there are lack of material and human resources for education, but don't state the difficulties in your country because it looks like you want to escape from your country.

2. You say you are doing another masters in economics. However, being specific about what you want to do is necessary. For example, instead of saying why economics is important, talk about a certain category of economics you want to study i.e. macroeconomics, microeconomics or international trade etc. That would indicate the VO that you know your subject and that you are really passionate about it. So justify why you are doing a second masters by saying this time you want to pursue a specific aspect of economics, not just economics in general.

These are the things I noticed. Others may have other opinions. If you need more help contact me via a different thread.

I.D.S

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Moreover, you have to show ties to the country such as an employment offer, relationships, land or property in your name etc.

deetuff

Jul 13, 2019
This is my SOP

lecturing in Ghana.

Did you get a medical request before refusal or applied with upfront medicals?

Wages

Feb 19, 2020
H
This is my SOP

lecturing in Ghana.

Have you resubmitted another application? If not, kindly leave an email for further communication

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Hi all,

$16,575
Living Expenses
$43,500
$6,470
Tax Withholding
$0
Total
66 545 USD

IRCC does not grant visas solely on scholarship how are you receiving this scholarship?is it conditional like do you have to maintain a certain grade in order to be eligible?