+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit refused

nadjukk

Dec 15, 2017
Hello everyone,

My Algerian friend got her visa rejected because of "purpose of visit", "employment prospects in country of residence" and "personal assets and financial status".
She has been studying Master of Translation studies and decided to study in the same field Master of Traductologie at Concordia. She didn't have gaps and she's only 25. She got her admission and immediately applied for CAQ (received it few days after study permit application) and Study Permit. She paid the tuition fee (except the surcharge for permanent code which is a Quebec thing) and got a bank statement of about 2,000$ in Algerian currency. I, full-time student and a part-time employer sent her a sponsorship letter with 35,000$ bank statement and stated that I will be responsible for providing her with housing and financial support.
In her LoI (SoP), she had stated that she is going to a high standard university in a multicultural and bilingual city to grow her skills and she would come back after her studies finish to use her skills in her community.

Officer has also stated that for "Other Reasons", Je ne suis pas satisfaite que vous quitterez le Canada après un éventuel séjour autorisé /// I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada after an eventual authorized stay.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance

mvgnum

Star Member
Dec 9, 2017
Hello everyone,

My Algerian friend got her visa rejected because of "purpose of visit", "employment prospects in country of residence" and "personal assets and financial status".
She has been studying Master of Translation studies and decided to study in the same field Master of Traductologie at Concordia. She didn't have gaps and she's only 25. She got her admission and immediately applied for CAQ (received it few days after study permit application) and Study Permit. She paid the tuition fee (except the surcharge for permanent code which is a Quebec thing) and got a bank statement of about 2,000$ in Algerian currency. I, full-time student and a part-time employer sent her a sponsorship letter with 35,000$ bank statement and stated that I will be responsible for providing her with housing and financial support.
In her LoI (SoP), she had stated that she is going to a high standard university in a multicultural and bilingual city to grow her skills and she would come back after her studies finish to use her skills in her community.

Officer has also stated that for "Other Reasons", Je ne suis pas satisfaite que vous quitterez le Canada après un éventuel séjour autorisé /// I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada after an eventual authorized stay.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance
When they say that it usually means that she doesn’t have enough ties to come back her home country

Reactions: dreamy2536

nadjukk

Dec 15, 2017
When they say that it usually means that she doesn’t have enough ties to come back her home country
Thanks for your reply
What do you think can help in her case? She doesn't have the support of parents or any personal assets of her own there

mvgnum

Star Member
Dec 9, 2017
Thanks for your reply
What do you think can help in her case? She doesn't have the support of parents or any personal assets of her own there
I mean anything really, if she has a home she can show it, brothers and family still in Algeria, ANYTHING that can possibly make her come back.

nadjukk

Dec 15, 2017
I mean anything really, if she has a home she can show it, brothers and family still in Algeria, ANYTHING that can possibly make her come back.
Well there was an optional family information form that she filled and gave information about her family. She doesn't have a house or a car of her own that makes things very complicating.
In your opinion, An affidavit from me or her family would not suffice?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would imagine it is her lack of funds. Although you have said you wlil support her you are not family and could withdraw your financial support at any moment.

Reactions: dreamy2536

nadjukk

Dec 15, 2017
Would imagine it is her lack of funds. Although you have said you wlil support her you are not family and could withdraw your financial support at any moment.
I see. Well having a bank account with no activity won't help either, will it? Also due to the country's economy, having more than 6,000$ is kinda suspicious too for them.