+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit refused "you do not have significant family ties outside canada"

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What are GCMS notes and from where and how can i order them? Also help me in the regard that how can i strengthen my family ties?
GCMS notes are the access to information notes detailing the officer’s notes and reasons for refusal. You can order them online (google - GCMS notes) or your brother could order on your behalf if he is your representative. You cannot strengthen family ties. You are single, over 22 and mobile. Do your parents need care/health concerns? If so, say you can mention that you must return to care for your parents. It really is not a strong reason since you would be coming to Canada for years but all you have.

adam707

Sep 4, 2023
GCMS notes are the access to information notes detailing the officer’s notes and reasons for refusal. You can order them online (google - GCMS notes) or your brother could order on your behalf if he is your representative. You cannot strengthen family ties. You are single, over 22 and mobile. Do your parents need care/health concerns? If so, say you can mention that you must return to care for your parents. It really is not a strong reason since you would be coming to Canada for years but all you have.
Ok I'll order them. Yes my parents are old and they need care my mother is patient of Arthritis and father is also old age is 65. I f my father transfer money in my account or give me the ownership of any property does this have any effect?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Ok I'll order them. Yes my parents are old and they need care my mother is patient of Arthritis and father is also old age is 65. I f my father transfer money in my account or give me the ownership of any property does this have any effect?
Sorry 65 isn’t old. You need to show that they need 24/7 care and cannot take care of themselves. But then you are coming to Canada for years so not a tie. You have siblings that can care for them too. Really you have no family ties. Money isn’t a tie. Property transferred to you all of a sudden is suspicious. You can just sell the property. It is an income property where you must be in home country?

adam707

Sep 4, 2023
Sorry 65 isn’t old. You need to show that they need 24/7 care and cannot take care of themselves. But then you are coming to Canada for years so not a tie. You have siblings that can care for them too. Really you have no family ties. Money isn’t a tie. Property transferred to you all of a sudden is suspicious. You can just sell the property. It is an income property where you must be in home country?
Yes its income property.
can you suggest anything else?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes its income property.
can you suggest anything else?
So you own the property and need to come and manage it? How many years? Do you have to be in the country to collect rent? If you dad just transfers the property to you then that is a red flag. You haven’t owned or managed the property. You need to not focus on family and property ties as you don’t have it. You need to focus on your career and what opportunities you will have when you return with salary etc.

adam707

Sep 4, 2023
So you own the property and need to come and manage it? How many years? Do you have to be in the country to collect rent? If you dad just transfers the property to you then that is a red flag. You haven’t owned or managed the property. You need to not focus on family and property ties as you don’t have it. You need to focus on your career and what opportunities you will have when you return with salary etc.
Ok Ok i got it. I can prove that my masters degree is going to help me with my job in my home country.

LizMas

Oct 17, 2023
Hi guys. Am having the same issue. I was denied because I don’t have family ties in home country. Both my parents are dead and I am currently working in Malaysia. My home country is Swaziland. Can anyone help me. The only ties I have is my grandparents in Botswana, they run a business, can I use them as family ties even though my home country is Swaziland?

LizMas

Oct 17, 2023
Hi please kindly help me with SOP. Both my parents are dead and I am currently working in Malaysia. My home country is Swaziland. I don’t have any properties in my name in Swaziland. I am 23 years old. I came to Malaysia 2018 to do my degree and not I want to do my masters, I was rejected because of family ties

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi please kindly help me with SOP. Both my parents are dead and I am currently working in Malaysia. My home country is Swaziland. I don’t have any properties in my name in Swaziland. I am 23 years old. I came to Malaysia 2018 to do my degree and not I want to do my masters, I was rejected because of family ties
What is your full profile? What school and program did you plan to attend and study in Canada? What is your past work experience? How much did you show in proof of funds? Do you have any previous travel to countries requiring visas such as the US or UK?

I don't think there's any way for you to address the family ties refusal reason given you are single and both parents are deceased. You have to look for other ways to strengthen your application if you want to reapply.

LizMas

Oct 17, 2023
What is your full profile? What school and program did you plan to attend and study in Canada? What is your past work experience? How much did you show in proof of funds? Do you have any previous travel to countries requiring visas such as the US or UK?

I don't think there's any way for you to address the family ties refusal reason given you are single and both parents are deceased. You have to look for other ways to strengthen your application if you want to reapply.
I want to do a masters in Finance. Am currently working as a content analyst in Malaysia. I had more than 50 000usd as proof of funds after paying my fees. Previous countries requiring visa is Malaysia, where am working.

can I use my grandparents are family ties in Botswana cause they raised me and they are sponsoring me and that they are now old, I will need to look after them and help in the family business?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I want to do a masters in Finance. Am currently working as a content analyst in Malaysia. I had more than 50 000usd as proof of funds after paying my fees. Previous countries requiring visa is Malaysia, where am working.

can I use my grandparents are family ties in Botswana cause they raised me and they are sponsoring me and that they are now old, I will need to look after them and help in the family business?
Which school did you plan to attend in Canada?

I'm not sure that your grandparents will be considered as real family ties given you're living and working in a completely different country. You can certainly try. But it may be difficult to convince IRCC. It would be different if you were living with them now and already managing the family business.

LizMas

Oct 17, 2023
Which school did you plan to attend in Canada?

I'm not sure that your grandparents will be considered as real family ties given you're living and working in a completely different country. You can certainly try. But it may be difficult to convince IRCC. It would be different if you were living with them now and already managing the family business.
I planned to apply at carleton university.
I used to live with them before I came to Malaysia to study. In my sponsorship letter, what if my grandparents state that they are sponsoring me so that when I finish I can be of value in the company and help run the business.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I planned to apply at carleton university.
I used to live with them before I came to Malaysia to study. In my sponsorship letter, what if my grandparents state that they are sponsoring me so that when I finish I can be of value in the company and help run the business.
I would recommend ordering your GCMS notes before you reapply to see the full refusal details.

Based on your first post, you have completed your studies in Malaysia and are now living and working there. This lessens your ties to your home country.

LizMas

Oct 17, 2023
I would recommend ordering your GCMS notes before you reapply to see the full refusal details.

Based on your first post, you have completed your studies in Malaysia and are now living and working there. This lessens your ties to your home country.
Okay I will do that. What if I just mentioned how this job would add value to me and that my parents are no more. It’s quite stressing. I really don’t know what to do anymore

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Okay I will do that. What if I just mentioned how this job would add value to me and that my parents are no more. It’s quite stressing. I really don’t know what to do anymore
Again, I would order your GCMS notes.