+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit refused "you do not have significant family ties outside canada"

Chefnimz

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
If he changes his program and then reapply, doesn't that look suspicious in the new application or that's totally fine? We're thinking Business program

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If he changes his program and then reapply, doesn't that look suspicious in the new application or that's totally fine? We're thinking Business program
So he needs to show career opportunities in Nigeria to justify costs. Given immigration focussing on STEM and trades then consider healthcare, computer science etc. It will be a challenge to get approved because he has a lot of family in Canada, he is single and mobile. He has no reason to return. Mailing address should be in Victoria. If he went to a school in Ontario then it would show he is not relying on Canadian family.

Chefnimz

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
So he needs to show career opportunities in Nigeria to justify costs. It will be a challenge to get approved because he has a lot of family in Canada, he is single and mobile. He has no reason to return. Mailing address should be in Victoria. If he went to a school in Ontario then it would show he is not relying on Canadian family.
Let's assume he reapplies with a program in business, Can prove he will return by providing a signed affidavit witnessed by notary public for a job in the family business upon completion of his studies?. Specifically a junior manager job?

Chefnimz

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
You mentioned Ontario, should he reapply with LOA from another province away from siblings?. We are also considering U of Concordia Montreal
So he needs to show career opportunities in Nigeria to justify costs. Given immigration focussing on STEM and trades then consider healthcare, computer science etc. It will be a challenge to get approved because he has a lot of family in Canada, he is single and mobile. He has no reason to return. Mailing address should be in Victoria. If he went to a school in Ontario then it would show he is not relying on Canadian family.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Let's assume he reapplies with a program in business, Can prove he will return by providing a signed affidavit witnessed by notary public for a job in the family business upon completion of his studies?. Specifically a junior manager job?
No. If for a family business then he doesn’t need to study in Canada. He has the job, if family. And no employer is going to wait 4 years for an employee. Consider STEM fields. He has an uphill battle since he doesn’t want to change schools or provinces plus family. He has not shown any reason to return.

Chefnimz

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
No. If for a family business then he doesn’t need to study in Canada. He has the job, if family. And no employer is going to wait 4 years for an employee. Consider STEM fields. He has an uphill battle since he doesn’t want to change schools or provinces plus family. He has not shown any reason to return.
We are also considering U of Concordia Montreal and we can definitely look into applying for a program in STEM but it seems no matter what the strong family ties will be an issue and we're just gambling

adam707

Sep 4, 2023
Hi!
I have applied for my study permit in Canada as I got the admission at one of the universities in Quebec. Firstly i applied for my CAQ and i got that then I applied for my study permit and they require the Biometric due to so much load I pass the expiry date and my biometric is done after few days of expiry date of my biometric letter but exactly after 3 days my permit is rejected and it has following reasons

• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application

My age is 22, I live with my mother, father and sister in my home country and my brother is already in Canada. I have completed my bachelors from my home country 1 year ago and also I have given all the documents that are required by application. For 1 year gap i have been finding scholarship and I got the scholarship for my masters and all my study expenses are being paid by my university

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi!
I have applied for my study permit in Canada as I got the admission at one of the universities in Quebec. Firstly i applied for my CAQ and i got that then I applied for my study permit and they require the Biometric due to so much load I pass the expiry date and my biometric is done after few days of expiry date of my biometric letter but exactly after 3 days my permit is rejected and it has following reasons

• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application

My age is 22, I live with my mother, father and sister in my home country and my brother is already in Canada. I have completed my bachelors from my home country 1 year ago and also I have given all the documents that are required by application. For 1 year gap i have been finding scholarship and I got the scholarship for my masters and all my study expenses are being paid by my university
So you have no ties outside Canada as you are over 22 so your parents/sister are not ties. You need to strengthen your application to show how the program will give you how a high paying job on your return. How long have you been in Canada? It really didn’t help your application by being in Canada as you cannot show reasons to return. If you haven’t worked in a year then what work experience can you show to prove that you even get a better job. What ties did you show to return?

adam707

Sep 4, 2023
So you have no ties outside Canada as you are over 22 so your parents/sister are not ties. You need to strengthen your application to show how the program will give you how a high paying job on your return. How long have you been in Canada? It really didn’t help your application by being in Canada as you cannot show reasons to return. If you haven’t worked in a year then what work experience can you show to prove that you even get a better job. What ties did you show to return?
As i applied for my study permit there is nothing i have seen for my family ties or any explanation that i have to provide to prove my return to my home country

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
As i applied for my study permit there is nothing i have seen for my family ties or any explanation that i have to provide to prove my return to my home country
Ok. The whole point of applying for a study permit is to come to Canada, study, and show your ties to return (job, family, business etc.). You want to justify the cost of a Canadian education with building on your educations and showing career advancement (higher pay). You need to show ties to return and applying from Canada weakened your application, and you have no family ties to return. Do you have job opportunities in home country? Focus on that.

How long have you been in Canada? Do you have any skilled work experience to show for attending the program?

adam707

Sep 4, 2023
Ok. The whole point of applying for a study permit is to come to Canada, study, and show your ties to return (job, family, business etc.). You want to justify the cost of a Canadian education with building on your educations and showing career advancement (higher pay). You need to show ties to return and applying from Canada weakened your application, and you have no family ties to return. Do you have job opportunities in home country? Focus on that.
ok I'll do it thanks for your help if there is anything else I'll talk to you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
ok I'll do it thanks for your help if there is anything else I'll talk to you
How long have you been in Canada? Are you still in Canada? Even if you are, your application is processed from home country. If you reapply again from Canada, you cannot address ties to return.

adam707

Sep 4, 2023
How long have you been in Canada? Are you still in Canada? Even if you are, your application is processed from home country. If you reapply again from Canada, you cannot address ties to return.
No I'm not in canada and never visited, I completed my graduation from my home country and now applied for my study permit from my home country

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No I'm not in canada and never visited, I completed my graduation from my home country and now applied for my study permit from my home country
Ok, misread your post because you said applied in Canada, and that you spent a year trying to find a scholarship. So order GCMS notes and in the meantime strengthen ties to return

adam707

Sep 4, 2023
Ok, misread your post because you said applied in Canada, and that you spent a year trying to find a scholarship. So order GCMS notes and in the meantime strengthen ties to return
What are GCMS notes and from where and how can i order them? Also help me in the regard that how can i strengthen my family ties?