+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Refused with strong profile

sahilbedi77

Jan 22, 2020
Hi, hope you're doing well.

My girlfriend's study permit got refused in just 6 days on the basis of :

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

Her profile :

12th - 88% 2014
B.A English Hons. University of Delhi. 2017. - First division. (I think she scored 75%)
IELTS - 8.5

Applied Course - 1 year Post Degree Diploma in Marketing at Douglas College, Vancouver.

All her work experience is in marketing. Right now she's a partner at a marketing firm, so she obviously has to come back after her education. The SOP was quite strong and we've mentioned how this course will help her take her company to the next level.

Location - Delhi.
Intake - May 2020
Applied - Jan 2020

Is it recommended to re-apply? What should we change in the SOP to convey to the Visa Officer that the purpose of visit is genuine?

Thanks and regards,

Farazahsheikh

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Pakistan
Hi, hope you're doing well.

My girlfriend's study permit got refused in just 6 days on the basis of :

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

Her profile :

12th - 88% 2014
B.A English Hons. University of Delhi. 2017. - First division. (I think she scored 75%)
IELTS - 8.5

Applied Course - 1 year Post Degree Diploma in Marketing at Douglas College, Vancouver.

All her work experience is in marketing. Right now she's a partner at a marketing firm, so she obviously has to come back after her education. The SOP was quite strong and we've mentioned how this course will help her take her company to the next level.

Location - Delhi.
Intake - May 2020
Applied - Jan 2020

Is it recommended to re-apply? What should we change in the SOP to convey to the Visa Officer that the purpose of visit is genuine?

Thanks and regards,
Yes, you must reapply. I think the rejection is on the basis of her chosen program of marketing provided her degree was a Bachelor's in English.

Jass1996

Jan 20, 2020
It’s because of wrong course selection,you definitely need to visit good and experienced consultants of course go for next intake best wishes!!!!