+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit refused in LA because I have not complete medical exam

changgong123

Jun 12, 2013
cathyzho1 said:
Hi guys !

Thanks you for your information in these forums!
I have read clearly your history of the application for study permit with LA office. I wish you all the best luck to get it finally.
I feel confused about my case. Can you give me some advices ?

My case is that : I have gone back to China from March- MAY, three months. But before, i am always in Canada with my Old Study permit.
This time, i came back to Canada with a tourist visa. I came back to canada on June 3th with a tourist visa of 6 months and because my old study permit has been expired. I should apply for a new Study Permit with office in LA to continue my studies in Canada.

Do you think it is also necessary to do a medical exam since i have been in China only 3 months ?
Thank you very much ! :D
I think it's totally unnecessary for you. It says you need to go through an exam, if you stay 6 months or more in somewhere like China within the one year before you enter Canada. You're in China only for 2 months. You definitely can answer no to the related question when you apply you study permit. Good luck!

changgong123

Jun 12, 2013
Cristinaett said:
Hello!!

I'm living in Toronto right now but I'm venezuelan I apply for a student visa-permit on LA office on May 1st and they don't answer my emails. Its been more than 2 months and I need my passport to go to my country. Anyone knows how much are they taking to do this? i know about the strike but they had my passport for 2 months now and their page says is minimun 30 days!

Any information that you can give me will help!! I'm desperate!! HELP!

Thanks!
Really sorry to hear that. Someone has been in your position said he actually went to embassy and made a scene to got his passport back. So I guess the only thing you can do is wait if you don't want fly to LA.

changgong123

Jun 12, 2013
shradzsaraf said:
I also applied for study permit in LA.(10th June). No updates till now. Do you guys know which months files are currently processed in LA consulate ?
Anyone got study permit from LA till now ?
I applied it in Apr, and got a refusal after almost exactly 2 months, because I have not completed medical exam which I've never been noticed. Now I applied it again in June 12th. Let's update when we get anything. Good luck.

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
changgong123

Any updates ?

Is your application Online or Paper Based ?

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
changgong123

I am living in US for 1.5 yrs, why will i get a notification for medical exam.?

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
If anyone applied for Study permit for fall 2013
Please add your details here
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmZuOpGyQcQYdFJ1RTBrcnlZTFNzNFhLUDJFUF9TbFE&usp=sharing

changgong123

Jun 12, 2013
shradzsaraf said:
changgong123

I am living in US for 1.5 yrs, why will i get a notification for medical exam.?
I got notice on MyCIC. I think you don't need Medical, if you're in US the whole last year.

MrEnergy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,
Happy New Year,
I hope all of you get his/her application accepted and everything is OK,
kindly, share experience ...
does anyone of you was a visitor and applied from inside Canada ?
I am here in Canada from 15 months as a visitor (with my family)
recently, I got an admission offer from the University of Calgary,
I applied online via the CIC website, but my application is refused as it done from within Canada,
should I send my application to LA by mail ? or I can apply online to LA office ?
thanks in advance ...

fcabrales

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Hello Guys,
Could you share how long it took you application at LA visa office, and how long after medical was passed?
I would really appreciate it!

fairlytuff

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Visa Office......
LA visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 July 2016
Doc's Request.
26 august 2016
IELTS Request
not required
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
6 september 2016
shradzsaraf said:
Thanks for sharing this spreadsheet, seems we have to wait a lot to get study permit. Anyways good luck for the visa and i hope we all recieve ur passports with visa soon.
Hello

I am receiving emails from CIC, regarding updates to my account. I understand that my application is being processes as i read about the same situation in this forum.
Can anyone tell me about when will they send me the passport request . I applied on 12 July, 2016 for september intake, Uploaded all my documents (medical etc. upfront on 12 July itself). I applied from USA, (Los Angeles vfs) Sad

Thank you