+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit refused for the second time

Bukks

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
My study permit has been refused for the second time
It’s becoming frustrating

Reasons
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status

my parents as Co- sponsor, me as a primary sponsor
Provided fixed deposits, bank statements, land documents, paid first semester, investment account in my name

aneeskhan

Jan 30, 2021
Hi,
Please apply GCMS notes, which might take a time of the month to 40days. Then you get to know the real reason for the refusal. Another factor your bank statement and source of income can not convince the visa officer. For such cases when parents supporting you, additional information required to attached like their source of income and written letter as evidence, and what are the chances that you may leave the country after finishing your study. Such factors play a very important role in this process which needs to satisfy the visa officer.

Bukks

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Hi,
Please apply GCMS notes, which might take a time of the month to 40days. Then you get to know the real reason for the refusal. Another factor your bank statement and source of income can not convince the visa officer. For such cases when parents supporting you, additional information required to attached like their source of income and written letter as evidence, and what are the chances that you may leave the country after finishing your study. Such factors play a very important role in this process which needs to satisfy the visa officer.
Hey, thank you so much
I have requested for gcms notes. But i would would really like your opinions and all.
I don’t intend to use my parents again maybe I should be a sole sponsor and liquidate the fix deposit into my account

co2020

May 31, 2020

Reasons
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status

Provided fixed deposits, bank statements, land documents, paid first semester, investment account in my name
Age matters also, maybe you are over 30 years? If yes then you need to sponsor yourself. Most of your documents should be in your name and not your parents.
What is your education/work background and what program of study did you choose? Are there job opportunities in your country in the field you chose to study. If not, did you include a letter of explanation detailing how this program would benefit your country and why you chose to study it?
How much did you present in your personal statement?
The asset you have, is it a land which has been developed and how much is its worth. Most importantly is it in your name?
Fixed money means you will not have access to it, till a certain period. So what money do you have access too?
Do you have any form of travel history?

When applying again I would recommend you pay a full year of tuition fees and have at least 20,000 in your personal account balance. Write a detailed statement of purpose explaining your reason for choosing the program and the job prospects, also include how much your properties are worth and also emphasize on your ties to your parents, work, and/or business. e.g get a letter of recommendation from your employer.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019

Reasons

You don't have enough money for your stay in Canada. You don't intend to leave Canada after your stay. Your purpose is not to study and you're using a study permit as an excuse to enter Canada. Therefore your application will be rejected.

sid1696

Jan 25, 2021

Reasons

how long did it take for you to get a response on this second refusal? and have you consulted with professional?

Bukks

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Age matters also, maybe you are over 30 years? If yes then you need to sponsor yourself. Most of your documents should be in your name and not your parents.
What is your education/work background and what program of study did you choose? Are there job opportunities in your country in the field you chose to study. If not, did you include a letter of explanation detailing how this program would benefit your country and why you chose to study it?
How much did you present in your personal statement?
The asset you have, is it a land which has been developed and how much is its worth. Most importantly is it in your name?
Fixed money means you will not have access to it, till a certain period. So what money do you have access too?
Do you have any form of travel history?

When applying again I would recommend you pay a full year of tuition fees and have at least 20,000 in your personal account balance. Write a detailed statement of purpose explaining your reason for choosing the program and the job prospects, also include how much your properties are worth and also emphasize on your ties to your parents, work, and/or business. e.g get a letter of recommendation from your employer.
Hello, thank you so much for your thoughts
To answer your questions.
I am just 24yrs, so I don’t think age is a problem.
I studied Mass Communication (undergraduate) now I’m going for a post graduate in Strategic Marketing Communication. I have explained explicitly why and how this course is related and everyone knows Marketing Communication has good job prospects in any country. I worked as an Administrative Head for 3years (since 2018) after my undergraduate degree.

I presented about 30,000 Cad as proof of funds
In fixed deposit, investment and liquid cash.

I don’t have a land/ properties in my name, the only land document I presently was for my Father and in his name.
I don’t have any travel history, this is my first travel.

Bukks

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
how long did it take for you to get a response on this second refusal? and have you consulted with professional?
I applied Nov 20th, got a refusal Jan 26th
So about 2months

no I haven’t, you people are the professionals I’m consulting

sid1696

Jan 25, 2021

Reasons

Create a very strong and long SOP even if it is 3 to 5 pages long. State the remark made for refusal post it in your SOP and justify the refusal. You can also mention about similar courses offered in your home country but how they aren't that beneficial. You can also attach previous work experiences

co2020

May 31, 2020
Hello, thank you so much for your thoughts
To answer your questions.
I am just 24yrs, so I don’t think age is a problem.
I studied Mass Communication (undergraduate) now I’m going for a post graduate in Strategic Marketing Communication. I have explained explicitly why and how this course is related and everyone knows Marketing Communication has good job prospects in any country. I worked as an Administrative Head for 3years (since 2018) after my undergraduate degree.

I presented about 30,000 Cad as proof of funds
In fixed deposit, investment and liquid cash.

I don’t have a land/ properties in my name, the only land document I presently was for my Father and in his name.
I don’t have any travel history, this is my first travel.
That rules out your age. At your age, you don't need you to sponsor yourself. From your explanation, I would have faulted the V.O but since it was two refusals, you should get your GCMS notes before you apply again. There must be something you are not addressing. Don't be in a hurry to re apply.

In the meantime you can take this into consideration...
This may take a while but try visiting other countries, even those close to you to get some travel history.
30,000 fixed deposits and investments are good but its the liquid cash that matters.
Your parents can be your sponsor, they have to write an affidavit of sponsorship and it should be certified by a lawyer.
Since your parents are also sponsoring you they should include a letter from their employer confirming their jobs and salary to show how they get their funds. This also proves that they have a stable income. Bank statements are not enough. If they have a business they can show tax receipts.
Try paying for a full year tuition.

Have faith and hope for the best. I wish you Good Luck.

HZ0

Feb 7, 2021
Today, I received this study permit Refusal letter stating these:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

My Info:
Name: Haroon
Current status: Studying in Grade 12
Applied For: Bachelors of Commerce
Citizenship: Pakistan
No travel history
Cost of Study; $23580 Cad
Living Expense: $11,000 Cad
Expense Paid by Parents
Currently not Working
Bank Statement: Showed 1,490,000 PKR

Could you help me solve my problem and get the refusal approved, I'm planning to reapply again but need to know how I could solve my mistakes. Thank you.

co2020

May 31, 2020
Today, I received this study permit Refusal letter stating these:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

My Info:
Name: Haroon
Current status: Studying in Grade 12
Applied For: Bachelors of Commerce
Citizenship: Pakistan
No travel history
Cost of Study; $23580 Cad
Living Expense: $11,000 Cad
Expense Paid by Parents
Currently not Working
Bank Statement: Showed 1,490,000 PKR

Could you help me solve my problem and get the refusal approved, I'm planning to reapply again but need to know how I could solve my mistakes. Thank you.
The 1,490,000 PKR converted to CAD is close to $12,000 CAD. This isn't enough especially since you intend to study a bachelor program which is for four years.
Did you pay your tuition already? How do you intend to pay the 23580+11000=34,580* 4years= $138,320
Did your parents include their source of income ( Employment letter + Pay stub or Business revenue+ Tax slips) and outline their annual revenue to indicate how they intend to continuously sponsor you for the four years you will be studying?

HZ0

Feb 7, 2021
The 1,490,000 PKR converted to CAD is close to $12,000 CAD. This isn't enough especially since you intend to study a bachelor program which is for four years.
Did you pay your tuition already? How do you intend to pay the 23580+11000=34,580* 4years= $138,320
Did your parents include their source of income ( Employment letter + Pay stub or Business revenue+ Tax slips) and outline their annual revenue to indicate how they intend to continuously sponsor you for the four years you will be studying?
I have paid the Admission Deposit of $7500 but haven't stated it in the Application. No they havent Included payroll or source of income only the bank statement. The Expense could be paid through assets like properties my parents hold.