+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit refused before biometrics- Jan intake

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am rather thinking of applying for PR now (Express entry) as soon as I reach cutoff score.
Will this refusal have any negative impact on my Express entry application?
Study permit has no impact on Express Entry profile. If you have the points, go for EE.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
@am571

@Khurram_1980uk Got approved along with his family in 6 days despite going for a diploma after his Masters in 2005 and I saw another man in his 50s getting approved for a diploma after a PhD. Though it's hard, it's still possible.

Applying one day before the winter intake is obviously going to get you refused by the VO, should had timed it right.

am571

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
@am571

@Khurram_1980uk Got approved along with his family in 6 days despite going for a diploma after his Masters in 2005 and I saw another man in his 50s getting approved for a diploma after a PhD. Though it's hard, it's still possible.

Applying one day before the winter intake is obviously going to get you refused by the VO, should had timed it right.
Applied on December 12th, it is definitely not one day before winter intake. But I agree I applied little too late for winter intake due to personal problems.
And things must have been completely different back in 2005. Now a days refusal chances has increased significantly if you are going for a certification program after masters degree.
Anyway, thank you for sharing your views with us.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Applied on December 12th, it is definitely not one day before winter intake. But I agree I applied little too late for winter intake due to personal problems.
And things must have been completely different back in 2005. Now a days refusal chances has increased significantly if you are going for a certification program after masters degree.
Anyway, thank you for sharing your views with us.
What are you talking about @Khurram_1980uk got approved few weeks ago for May 2021 intake.

As long as the subjects are non redundant ( does not overlap ) and you are learning something new progressing your previous qualification an approval should follow provided you presented your LOE properly.

am571

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
What are you talking about @Khurram_1980uk got approved few weeks ago for May 2021 intake.

As long as the subjects are non redundant ( does not overlap ) and you are learning something new progressing your previous qualification an approval should follow provided you presented your LOE properly.
My bad.. I thought of something else.. Ya I agree with what you are saying but I have seen a large number of applications getting rejected if someone is applying to a graduate certificate program after completing a higher level degree.
In my case, I feel this is one of the main reason along with my LOE which could have been better as you said.

enelybur

Oct 28, 2018
Mine was also refused without having the biometrics. Does this mean i have to pay another fee for the biometrics?

am571

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Mine was also refused without having the biometrics. Does this mean i have to pay another fee for the biometrics?
I am not sure about that but I guess you don’t have to pay fee for that and check with IRCC to confirm the same.

Can you please share your timeline and the reason of your refusal?

enelybur

Oct 28, 2018
I am not sure about that but I guess you don’t have to pay fee for that and check with IRCC to confirm the same.

Can you please share your timeline and the reason of your refusal?
Submitted april 8, 2020 and received refusal last september 30. Grounds for refusal are, family here in the Philippines, and about work. So i am thinking if I still have to pay for the biometrics. Planning to send re-application soon.

am571

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Submitted april 8, 2020 and received refusal last september 30. Grounds for refusal are, family here in the Philippines, and about work. So i am thinking if I still have to pay for the biometrics. Planning to send re-application soon.
I really don’t think you will have to pay it again.. Check with expert members here and see what they have to say. Always better to call Ircc and conform with them.

asadsaifi

Dec 29, 2020
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2020
Your biometrics will be valid for 10 years if you have already done them. So I don't think you have to pay again.

Kuldip tiwari

Aug 30, 2020
Yes, I am going to order Gcms notes.
The refusal letter said the following,

I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements.
It's a basic reason . Please make your sop strong .