+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit Refused again

Mechelin

Apr 2, 2022
Hello good people, I have been refused a study permit again just in 2days cos I applied through NSE Nigeria student Express route. Their reasons

1. Personal assets and financial status. ( sponsor is my uncle and 38 year old, he is supporting me with 30k cad for a program of 10k cad plus 10k leaving expenses so I have more left even 9k plus cad.)

2. Family ties in canada which I don't even have in Canada. And family ties in home country that I showed with birth certificates of siblings.

Has anyone this experience and what did you do to respond and get the application approved.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello good people, I have been refused a study permit again just in 2days cos I applied through NSE Nigeria student Express route. Their reasons

1. Personal assets and financial status. ( sponsor is my uncle and 38 year old, he is supporting me with 30k cad for a program of 10k cad plus 10k leaving expenses so I have more left even 9k plus cad.)

2. Family ties in canada which I don't even have in Canada. And family ties in home country that I showed with birth certificates of siblings.

Has anyone this experience and what did you do to respond and get the application approved.
1. How old are you and how much did you show in personal assets? Why would he spend all his savings on you to study in Canada.
2. Family ties can be home country. This is your spouse and children. If single, then your family ties are weak.

Sophie111

May 24, 2022
I personally think for number one, did you add your uncles personal asset in Nigeria? if he has something like that you should probably submit that or in whatever country he is in.....if not...your families personal assets should be good.
for number 2, I think they believe your uncle lives in Canada and so the chances of you coming back is low...your siblings is not strong enough...if you can add your parents birth certificate and infuse in your application something that shows tight commitment to your parents or family that should cause you to return after studies... hope I helped.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

1. It's generally much more difficult to get a study permit approved if the sponsor is an extended family member. Can you sponsor your studies yourself or can your parents sponsor you? This would be better. Did you show any of your own funds in addition to your uncle's?
2. This is a generic refusal reason and you may have misunderstood it. Your siblings aren't regarded as a tie to your home country. Did you show other ties to your homec country other than your siblings?

Mechelin

Apr 2, 2022
1. How old are you and how much did you show in personal assets? Why would he spend all his savings on you to study in Canada.
2. Family ties can be home country. This is your spouse and children. If single, then your family ties are weak.
I am 38 year, the reason is that he was trained by my father and now very successful plus the promise he made to me at my father's death in order to pay back the good deeds of my father to him which I explained in my letter.

I showed my mothers birth certificate and siblings too. I wrote t

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am 38 year, the reason is that he was trained by my father and now very successful plus the promise he made to me at my father's death in order to pay back the good deeds of my father to him which I explained in my letter.

If you are 38, you should be showing your own funds, not those of an uncle. So improve your personal finances. Ties to home country are job, career advancement, and family (spouse and children). Siblings and a parent at 38 are not family ties.

Reactions: YVR123 and Mechelin

Mechelin

Apr 2, 2022
I personally think for number one, did you add your uncles personal asset in Nigeria? if he has something like that you should probably submit that or in whatever country he is in.....if not...your families personal assets should be good.
for number 2, I think they believe your uncle lives in Canada and so the chances of you coming back is low...your siblings is not strong enough...if you can add your parents birth certificate and infuse in your application something that shows tight commitment to your parents or family that should cause you to return after studies... hope I helped.
[/QUO

Okay that was helpful, thank you. The thing I get there concerning ties in canada is because i use a friend in Canada to pay my online application and submitted it also through him cos of the dollar restrictions we have on our naira debit cards so I can pay from Nigeria, it keeps declining. I think I can explain that with my chats with my friends.

Mechelin

Apr 2, 2022
1. It's generally much more difficult to get a study permit approved if the sponsor is an extended family member. Can you sponsor your studies yourself or can your parents sponsor you? This would be better. Did you show any of your own funds in addition to your uncle's?
2. This is a generic refusal reason and you may have misunderstood it. Your siblings aren't regarded as a tie to your home country. Did you show other ties to your homec country other than your siblings?
I show my relationship that I have with my girlfriend to be married after my studies as soon as I get back.

thaovy99

Jun 26, 2019
Okay that was helpful, thank you. The thing I get there concerning ties in canada is because i use a friend in Canada to pay my online application and submitted it also through him cos of the dollar restrictions we have on our naira debit cards so I can pay from Nigeria, it keeps declining. I think I can explain that with my chats with my friends.
IRCC dont care about your method of payment. IRCC do care about how a 38 years old man is going to study abroad with an uncle's money. You should definitely improve your personal finances.

A girlfriend is still not your spouse, there is no legal attachment to prove that you have to go back to marry a girlfriend.

Reactions: YVR123

Mechelin

Apr 2, 2022
I didn't show any of my own funds as I don't have mush to sponsor myself, can I get money from sales of a property at least half of my entire funds for stay in canada the use my uncle as a support?,

Mechelin

Apr 2, 2022
IRCC dont care about your method of payment. IRCC do care about how a 38 years old man is going to study abroad with an uncle's money. You should definitely improve your personal finances.

A girlfriend is still not your spouse, there is no legal attachment to prove that you have to go back to marry a girlfriend.
Okay, I will work on that, please a gift deeds from mother by this time of the year for a program starting September, most I leave the money gift deed in my account for a month before using to apply?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I didn't show any of my own funds as I don't have mush to sponsor myself, can I get money from sales of a property at least half of my entire funds for stay in canada the use my uncle as a support?,
You can try but I think this will still be a difficult path. You should really be funding the entire cost of your studies and living expenses yourself.

Good luck.

Reactions: Mechelin

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So you were rightly refused. At 38, you show your own funds. You can try showing money once you sell the property but VOs don’t need to consider an uncle’s support who is not an immediate or extended family member. A gift deed is your mother giving you the money through a legal document. Gift deed is not an approved source.

Reactions: Mechelin

Mechelin

Apr 2, 2022
So you were rightly refused. At 38, you show your own funds. You can try showing money once you sell the property but VOs don’t need to consider an uncle’s support who is not an immediate or extended family member. A gift deed is your mother giving you the money through a legal document. Gift deed is not an approved source.
Thank you, this was really helpful.