+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Refused 3 times-Help Needed

Shiv223

May 4, 2023
Hi All,

I had been rejected for study permit application 3 times for St. Clair College - Credential: Ontario College Graduate Certificate(Post-graduate).

1st Application
  • Program: Event Management (full time, 1 academic year)
  • Application Submitted Date: 2022-12-2
  • Application Refused Date: 2023-1-5
  • Reason: I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR, based on:
    • Your assets and financial situation are insufficient
    • The purpose of your visit
2nd Application
  • Program: Data Analytics For Business (full time, 2 academic year)
  • Application Submitted Date: 2023-2-18
  • Application Refused Date: 2023-3-8
  • Reason: I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR, based on:
3rd Application
  • Application Submitted Date: 2023-3-15
  • Application Refused Date: 2023-4-19
    • Your assets and financial situation are insufficient [This is the funny thing: the financial supporting materials which I submitted for the third time were exactly the same as the 2nd time I did. However, this time I got the insufficient funding feedback.] Anyone knows the reason why this could happen??? Please let me know. Thank you very much.

Today, I got the response from the Canada Border Service Agency (after waiting for 57 days), the Notes for the 2nd Refusal are:
I have reviews the application. I have considered the following factors in my decision. Given the applicant’s extensive education and work experience, I am not satisfied the motivation to pursue this particular prgram at this point in time in Canada, is reasonable.​
Applicant already possesses an equal or higher level of qualification. Chosen program and course content at the college level at such expense appears redundant in light of the PA’s reported education history. Hence, I am not satisfied that applicant would not have already achieved the benefits of this program.​
Study plan submitted does not outline a clear career path for which such an educational program would be of benefit or improve job prospects back home. The applicant has failed to satisfy me that pursing the selected program of study is reasonable given the high cost of international study in Canada when weighed against the potential career/ employment benefits after completion, and the local options available for similar studies. See LOA.​
Weighing the factors in this application, I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart canada at the end of the period authorized for their stat.​

My Profile:
  • 35, single/ never married, female
  • IELTS: overall band is 6 (reading 5.5, others 6)
  • Bachelor's Degree, majoring in Marketing (higher adult education, part-time learning course)
  • 10 years working experiences in Market Research industry
  • No US visa, only had some travel record for Asian countries
  • No cars or properties under my name
  • No criminal record

My current situation is that:
  • I have already submitted the 4th application for the same program in the same college on 2023-4-30. I've carefully revised my study plan again and made an explanation regarding two specific refusal reasons on the first page. I provided a recommendation letter from my former leader stating his positive attitude towards my decision to study, and he would like to re-hire me to a Senior Manager level (previous position: manager) with a higher salary (almost doubled my previous one) if I could successfully graduate.
  • Waiting for the Notes for the 3rd refusal
  • Thinking about whether I need to submit a <Reconsideration Letter> for the 2nd Refusal, since I got the notes in details today

My Questions are:
  1. Regarding the Notes for the 2nd Refusal, Do I need to submit a <Reconsideration Letter> for the 2nd Refusal? Attach some materials like the recommendation letter from former employer; or how can I convince the visa officer that all i wanna is just to study in Canada for this business data analytics program? with more details?
  2. The program will start in this September. Anything else I can do before I have the feedback for the 4th application?

I humbly ask for you guys help me with this.

Appreciate and Best wishes.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

I had been rejected for study permit application 3 times for St. Clair College - Credential: Ontario College Graduate Certificate(Post-graduate).

1st Application
  • Program: Event Management (full time, 1 academic year)
  • Application Submitted Date: 2022-12-2
  • Application Refused Date: 2023-1-5
    • Your assets and financial situation are insufficient
2nd Application
  • Application Submitted Date: 2023-2-18
  • Application Refused Date: 2023-3-8
3rd Application
  • Application Submitted Date: 2023-3-15
  • Application Refused Date: 2023-4-19
    • Your assets and financial situation are insufficient [This is the funny thing: the financial supporting materials which I submitted for the third time were exactly the same as the 2nd time I did. However, this time I got the insufficient funding feedback.] Anyone knows the reason why this could happen??? Please let me know. Thank you very much.

Today, I got the response from the Canada Border Service Agency (after waiting for 57 days), the Notes for the 2nd Refusal are:
I have reviews the application. I have considered the following factors in my decision. Given the applicant’s extensive education and work experience, I am not satisfied the motivation to pursue this particular prgram at this point in time in Canada, is reasonable.​
Applicant already possesses an equal or higher level of qualification. Chosen program and course content at the college level at such expense appears redundant in light of the PA’s reported education history. Hence, I am not satisfied that applicant would not have already achieved the benefits of this program.​
Study plan submitted does not outline a clear career path for which such an educational program would be of benefit or improve job prospects back home. The applicant has failed to satisfy me that pursing the selected program of study is reasonable given the high cost of international study in Canada when weighed against the potential career/ employment benefits after completion, and the local options available for similar studies. See LOA.​
Weighing the factors in this application, I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart canada at the end of the period authorized for their stat.​

My Profile:
  • 35, single/ never married, female
  • IELTS: overall band is 6 (reading 5.5, others 6)
  • Bachelor's Degree, majoring in Marketing (higher adult education, part-time learning course)
  • 10 years working experiences in Market Research industry
  • No US visa, only had some travel record for Asian countries
  • No cars or properties under my name
  • No criminal record

My current situation is that:
  • I have already submitted the 4th application for the same program in the same college on 2023-4-30. I've carefully revised my study plan again and made an explanation regarding two specific refusal reasons on the first page. I provided a recommendation letter from my former leader stating his positive attitude towards my decision to study, and he would like to re-hire me to a Senior Manager level (previous position: manager) with a higher salary (almost doubled my previous one) if I could successfully graduate.
  • Waiting for the Notes for the 3rd refusal
  • Thinking about whether I need to submit a <Reconsideration Letter> for the 2nd Refusal, since I got the notes in details today

My Questions are:
  1. Regarding the Notes for the 2nd Refusal, Do I need to submit a <Reconsideration Letter> for the 2nd Refusal? Attach some materials like the recommendation letter from former employer; or how can I convince the visa officer that all i wanna is just to study in Canada for this business data analytics program? with more details?
  2. The program will start in this September. Anything else I can do before I have the feedback for the 4th application?

I humbly ask for you guys help me with this.

Appreciate and Best wishes.
1) It's too late to request reconsideration for your second application given you've already applied a 3rd and 4th time.
2) I don't understand this question. If you are asking if there is a way to speed up the processing of your 4th application, the answer is no.

Shiv223

May 4, 2023
1) It's too late to request reconsideration for your second application given you've already applied a 3rd and 4th time.
2) I don't understand this question. If you are asking if there is a way to speed up the processing of your 4th application, the answer is no.
Thanks for your response, scylla. Can I apply for a Canada Visitor Visa after I appplied my study permit application?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your response, scylla. Can I apply for a Canada Visitor Visa after I appplied my study permit application?
You mean before you have a result for your 4th study permit application?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes. I am thinking if I can apply for the Visitor Visa during my waiting for the study permit result. Do you think it's a good idea or not?
You can certainly apply. In my opinion it would be a really bad idea to apply.

You already have three study permit refusals and have submitted a 4th study permit application - and you've done all of this in a very short period of time. If you now submit a TRV application, this makes it look like you are desperate to come to Canada through any means possible. This makes it look like you may not be a genuine student and are just looking for any way you can to be able to travel to Canada.

Your choice what you do of course.

Shiv223

May 4, 2023
You can certainly apply. In my opinion it would be a really bad idea to apply.

You already have three study permit refusals and have submitted a 4th study permit application - and you've done all of this in a very short period of time. If you now submit a TRV application, this makes it look like you are desperate to come to Canada through any means possible. This makes it look like you may not be a genuine student and are just looking for any way you can to be able to travel to Canada.

Your choice what you do of course.
Make sense. Thank you so much. I am just so worried, becos the program will start in September, I haven't got the visa until now. Just very anxious and dont know what else I can do to get the study permit.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Make sense. Thank you so much. I am just so worried, becos the program will start in September, I haven't got the visa until now. Just very anxious and dont know what else I can do to get the study permit.
There's nothing you can do but wait. You have almost four months before the start of your program.

Reactions: Shiv223

Ezzy20

Jul 27, 2022
Hello!! Where are you applying from? and How is your process going?

Wishing the best!!

Shiv223

May 4, 2023
Hello!! Where are you applying from? and How is your process going?

Wishing the best!!
Hi,
I applied my application in China. The new application is under process.
Yesterday I received the refusal notes from GCMS. I am preparing a explanation letter on the refusal notes, and will deliver it as a complement material via IRCC Webform later.

nino007

May 16, 2023
Hi,
Yesterday I received the refusal notes from GCMS. I am preparing a explanation letter on the refusal notes, and will deliver it as a complement material via IRCC Webform later.
Hey man, I’m also in china and applied since March but haven’t heard anything from them.
RealNino0077 let’s connect on wechat

Ezzy20

Jul 27, 2022
Hi,
What was the reason for the refusal based on the GCMS notes?

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey guys, I also applied from China on February 16, still no decision. Do you know the situation with SP applications from China this year (especially SDS)? Are there many people waiting beyond 13 weeks?

nino007

May 16, 2023
Hey guys, I also applied from China on February 16, still no decision. Do you know the situation with SP applications from China this year (especially SDS)? Are there many people waiting beyond 13 weeks?
You applied through sds and still 13 weeks?