+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Refusal

Ospinto_1234

Jul 9, 2019
Hi,

I am a Kenyan citizen and have been accepted to Rotman (UofT) for my MBA starting in fall 2019. My study permit was refused and the reason given is as follows:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

My brother in the United States is sponsoring my studies as I have not saved up enough to be able to pay the fees and living costs. he has plenty of funds to cover both my tuition and living costs. I intend to reapply for the study permit and am wondering how I can overcome the reason for rejection stated.

Are my personal assets relevant if I am not self sponsoring? I don't understand how I can show more financial assets.

Thank you.
Hello Bro,

I got rejected for the same reason even though I paid tution for a year, had about 30k cad in my personnal account and 37k Cad in my uncle's account who is my co-sponsor. I have consulted a lot and what I gather is that is all about improving SOP. Telling them about job prospects upon completion etc. Please note that this is different from the reason " not having sufficient funds with working to pay tution and cater for living expenses". All the best and good luck to all of us.

Sahar111

Jul 15, 2019
Hi,

I am a Kenyan citizen and have been accepted to Rotman (UofT) for my MBA starting in fall 2019. My study permit was refused and the reason given is as follows:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

My brother in the United States is sponsoring my studies as I have not saved up enough to be able to pay the fees and living costs. he has plenty of funds to cover both my tuition and living costs. I intend to reapply for the study permit and am wondering how I can overcome the reason for rejection stated.

Are my personal assets relevant if I am not self sponsoring? I don't understand how I can show more financial assets.

Thank you.
Sorry to hear. I also got a refusal on the same reason so I applied for CAIPS .i.e. actually the notes provided by VO. It gives detailed explanation of the refusal of visa. I would recommend you to go this process and then reapply for visa.
Let me know incase of of any more questions.
Best of luck!

Ospinto_1234

Jul 9, 2019
Sorry to hear. I also got a refusal on the same reason so I applied for CAIPS .i.e. actually the notes provided by VO. It gives detailed explanation of the refusal of visa. I would recommend you to go this process and then reapply for visa.
Let me know incase of of any more questions.
Best of luck!
Hello Bro,
Can you throw some light on the VO concern. Were the issues about financial insufficiency or otherwise.

SID@1991

May 16, 2019
Hey,
I came to Canada for studies approximately 4 yrs back. GIC account of 10,000 CAD was a must/highly recommended thing to show that time as financial proof. These funds are there to show that you will be able to support your living expense for a year. Maybe adding this will improve your profile! Definitely, showing other kinds of funds (property/brother's income + letter) are important, but those are not stable funds. GIC is kind of stable funds for students!
Maybe this helped you a little!
Good luck!

Sahar111

Jul 15, 2019
Yeah. In CAIPS, VO wrote that study plan was not drafted properly and I don't think that it would be a reasonable expense. So through this I got to know that study plan was an issue rather than finance itself.

nursesnow

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
When did you receive you correspondence biometrics letter or validity of your biometrics and when was your rejection?

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Hi,

Thank you.
finances are definitely important. Personal finances are important because the VO understands that your brother is sponsoring you but incase he faces any financial issues then what happens. Will you then miss your classes to work illegally in Canada or will you quit your studies?? Is there any backup plan?? thats what they look for.

js2192

Jul 2, 2019
finances are definitely important. Personal finances are important because the VO understands that your brother is sponsoring you but incase he faces any financial issues then what happens. Will you then miss your classes to work illegally in Canada or will you quit your studies?? Is there any backup plan?? thats what they look for.
I have been waiting for about a month now for my study permit to be processed, should I just apply at the NY port of entry and get a decision there? I am a USA Citizen. Would it be a problem at the PoE if I already have an application pending?