+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

study permit refusal

Jun 2, 2017
Hi all

I applied for study permit via Singapore visa office. It was a paper application and after a week I linked it to my online account. Today after only 3 weeks I received an email saying" Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your account and check your application status and messages for more information."

When I check my account, I can see the refusal status but there is no message why it has been refused. Don't know what to do now.

Tazim123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2016
Hi all

I applied for study permit via Singapore visa office. It was a paper application and after a week I linked it to my online account. Today after only 3 weeks I received an email saying" Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your account and check your application status and messages for more information."

When I check my account, I can see the refusal status but there is no message why it has been refused. Don't know what to do now.
Please share your profile and the university also the program.

Jun 2, 2017
I had to the master's programme in Education at the University of Manitoba. I have also been awarded scholarship, I was pretty sure I would get the visa. I don't understand why it's been refused and I don't know what the reason is as there are no messages in my account!!!

Losangeles101

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
I had to the master's programme in Education at the University of Manitoba. I have also been awarded scholarship, I was pretty sure I would get the visa. I don't understand why it's been refused and I don't know what the reason is as there are no messages in my account!!!
Really!!! I'm Also for Umanitoba,... Did you do your undergrad in education?

Please let's know your profile like your academic achievement, study gaps, work experience if any etc. We might be able to offer some form of assistance if you have to reapply.

Last edited:

Raghuk

May 15, 2017
Please share your complete profile like where are u from and what was your marksheets and grades so ppl can help you.

futurestudent

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Hi all

were you able to see your rejection. Nowadays, they forget to attach it in your account. They forgot to attach mine and I only got to see it when I went to get my passport at VFS. The rejection reason should be in that letter.

hatice

Jul 5, 2014
pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Look under that refusal bar, There should be a letter attached, U would see ''correspondance letter'' download it and see whats the reason, if thats not there it means that u will only know when u ll pick up ur letter.

Jun 2, 2017
Hi all
Thanks for your messages.
I could finally receive the better by going to the visa center in person! I think because it was a paper application and I had linked it to my online account myself, I couldn't find it in my account and I had to pick it up myself!

The rejection letter says " we're not satisfied you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors including:
Travel history
Family ties in Canada and in country of residence
Personal assets and financial status"
I don't understand what travel history means here and how I can prove I will return to my country of residence after my studies finishes.

Your help is much appreciated.

Alanna

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
Hi all
Thanks for your messages.
I could finally receive the better by going to the visa center in person! I think because it was a paper application and I had linked it to my online account myself, I couldn't find it in my account and I had to pick it up myself!

The rejection letter says " we're not satisfied you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors including:
Travel history
Family ties in Canada and in country of residence
Personal assets and financial status"
I don't understand what travel history means here and how I can prove I will return to my country of residence after my studies finishes.

Your help is much appreciated.
Do you have immediate family members who are Canadian PRs/ currently staying in Canada?