+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit refusal -reapply?

Ms_minya

May 28, 2018
Hi,
I applied for a study permit In Kenya but was refused due to the following reasons :
1- purpose of visit.
2- family ties in Canada and country of residence.
3- lack of personal assests and financial support.
Well, my sister is a citizen in Canada so would that be a reason why I was denied the Visa?
Im supposed to receive third party sponsorship from my aunt who has a banks statement of 25000CAD approximately.
Id really love to reapply but I'm concerned on how to tackle proof of financial asset. This is because I'm a student and I don't have any property. Which ways can I use to proof to the embassy that I'll return back after my studies? Can I say that I'll receive inheritance of my parents land? Plz help me

dovahkiin

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Hi,
I applied for a study permit In Kenya but was refused due to the following reasons :
1- purpose of visit.
Well, my sister is a citizen in Canada so would that be a reason why I was denied the Visa?
Im supposed to receive third party sponsorship from my aunt who has a banks statement of 25000CAD approximately.
Id really love to reapply but I'm concerned on how to tackle proof of financial asset. This is because I'm a student and I don't have any property. Which ways can I use to proof to the embassy that I'll return back after my studies? Can I say that I'll receive inheritance of my parents land? Plz help me
1.Purpose of visit: You have to convince them that you're going there to study and not just to be with your sister.
2.You have to prove that your ties with Kenya are stronger than those in Canada(Basically prove that you'll return after completing studies)
3.Buy a GIC bond worth $10200.. that'll be enough proof of financial support.

The entire case depends on how these points and your background are explained in your SOP

Ms_minya

May 28, 2018
1.Purpose of visit: You have to convince them that you're going there to study and not just to be with your sister.
2.You have to prove that your ties with Kenya are stronger than those in Canada(Basically prove that you'll return after completing studies)
3.Buy a GIC bond worth $10200.. that'll be enough proof of financial support.

The entire case depends on how these points and your background are explained in your SOP
Have you heard of anyone who re-applied and was given a Visa afterwards?
Can I use my parents properties eg land as my personal asset through inheritance?

dovahkiin

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Have you heard of anyone who re-applied and was given a Visa afterwards?
Can I use my parents properties eg land as my personal asset through inheritance?
There are tons of cases who've got visa after reapplying multiple times...
I'm not sure about using properties through inheritance... you should consult an immigration lawyer regarding that.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hi,
1- purpose of visit.
state your complete profiles..

Purpose of visit could also relate to Weak SOP, future plans, course mismatch/irrelevancy etc

send your sop johnpfyfasnow@gmail.com

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Hi,
1- purpose of visit.
You were definitely not denied because your sister is in Canada so dont worry abt it. It just shows SOP issue wherein you have not explained your motivation to go back to Kenya after the completion of studies. For funds, your parents should also show funds. Officers like to see if there is a backup incase your aunt has any difficulties funding your education in future.

ankitnimesh

Star Member
May 20, 2018
Hi,
1- purpose of visit.
My VISA was also refused because of these same reasons. I'll re-apply soon.

Ms_minya

May 28, 2018
You were definitely not denied because your sister is in Canada so dont worry abt it. It just shows SOP issue wherein you have not explained your motivation to go back to Kenya after the completion of studies. For funds, your parents should also show funds. Officers like to see if there is a backup incase your aunt has any difficulties funding your education in future.
Hi ? So what if I don't have any investment or asset since I'm still young and I've never been employed. What can I use as ties to my country of residence?

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Hi ? So what if I don't have any investment or asset since I'm still young and I've never been employed. What can I use as ties to my country of residence?
you have a family, community there so write about it. Write about the job opportunities there.

Fanada

Jun 5, 2018
Hi,
1- purpose of visit.
Im applying from kenya . . and currently in the same situation . . Lets discuss this problem if you r in nairobi