Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-12-2021
Interview........
Not needed
Hi
Yesterday I got a refusal letter. The reason of refusal was that I couldn't persuade the officer that I'll leave Canada after my study based on personal assets and financial status and other reasons including funds in bank accounts, liquid assets and university fundings.
I'm admitted to a second master in philosophy from Concordia University. My first year's funding from the university covers all my tuition and a big part of my living costs there. I'm just 3000cad short for my cost of living there which my mother will give me that money. I had presented my parents home certificate and my mother's bank account of 5000CAD. I'm really shocked. My husband is a PhD student at a university near the one I've been admitted and we're just married. I'm going to reapply next week and add 2 other house certificates which my mother is the partial owner , my parents car certificate and my parents salaries and my father Bank statement. That's the only thing I can do. I'm just 26. I don't own anything. I've been a student all of my life.
I don't know what to do. Shoud I reapply for a study permit or Apply for an open spousal work permit and then reapply for a study permit from canada?
My husband is there and I'm thousands of kilometers far from him. What kind of people let that happen?!

Hi Kimia1991K,

I have faced this exact situation with my wife and was able to somewhat resolve the issue. However, since the result came back to late, we did not pursue the visa application further and withdrew it.

So let me explain, I was given a study permit visa for the university in Canada and my wife applied for a Masters in the same university. She had two masters degrees before this and wanted to do a third masters. The third masters was in a subject a bit different from the first two masters subjects, but she really wanted to do the masters since she wanted to do a PhD after that.

So the reasons for refusal read like below:-

family ties in Canada and in country of residence, purpose of visit, employment prospects in my country of residence, personal assets and financial status and finally, proposed studies not being reasonable in light of one or more of my previous studies, future prospects and level of establishment.

Basically what is happening here is that the visa officer is seeing that your husband is in Canada, and you are also going to Canada. So, as a married woman you would want to stay in Canada. To resolve this issue, you need to do the following:-

1. Write a good SOP (statement of purpose) which explains why you MUST return back to your home country. such as parents having a lot of immovable assets. House deeds, etc, explain this in the SOP. Then explain that your husband is in Canada and if you wanted to go to Canada, you would have applied for an OWP (open work permit) but you applied for a study permit because your primary purpose is to study and living with your husband will help you to stay cheaper in terms of shared living expenses.

2. In this case explain that most of your expenses for the first year are covered by your scholarship.

3. Add a letter of sponsorship from your mother or father. This letter should say something like this and be on legal paper and notarised:-

I,xxxxxxxxx of xxxxxxxxxx, of Passport No- xxxxxxx, agree to sponsor my Daughter, xxxxxxxxxx, Date of Birth- xxxxxxx, Passport No- xxxxxxxxx, for the duration of her studies at the xxxxxxxxx.

I am able to and will provide support to the prospective student whose expenses are anticipated to be at least xxxxxxxxx for xxxxxx years tuition fees and xxxxxxxxxx per year for living expenses. I will provide CAD$xxxxxxx (Canadian Dollars xxxxxx Thousand Only) per year or a total of CAD$xxxxx (Canadian Dollars xxxxxx Thousand Only), over xxx years, towards the financial support of the above named prospective student.

4. Then add your parent's bank statement, wealth statement, income source, and tax certificate. Remember Income source is VERY important, because if your mother has CAD 5000 but no income source, it will be hard to believe that she would live on the rest CAD 2000 for the rest of her life.

5. Explain why this Masters will help you. add paper cuttings of job circulars which want this type of masters. Maybe you want to do a PhD after this, if so explain that. Add email copies between you and your supervisor. Show them why you are passionate about this course.

Finally, please note, there is 4 MB of space for upload/online documents in which you should have enough space to add 60 pages of documents, In case of paper applications, this is unlimited. SO PLEASE USE THIS SPACE. do not waste the space and add as many documents you feel that would prove that your application is genuine.

Also please remember that the second time application will take much longer, so if you want to catch this fall term, your really really need to get all this done within a week. Before 25th June.

Dont lose hope and do not apply for owp until next year. Because otherwise this application will weaken.

Hope the above info helps!

enywmara

Reactions: Radin and good boy

good boy

Feb 17, 2017
Hi Kimia1991K,

I have faced this exact situation with my wife and was able to somewhat resolve the issue. However, since the result came back to late, we did not pursue the visa application further and withdrew it.

So let me explain, I was given a study permit visa for the university in Canada and my wife applied for a Masters in the same university. She had two masters degrees before this and wanted to do a third masters. The third masters was in a subject a bit different from the first two masters subjects, but she really wanted to do the masters since she wanted to do a PhD after that.

So the reasons for refusal read like below:-

family ties in Canada and in country of residence, purpose of visit, employment prospects in my country of residence, personal assets and financial status and finally, proposed studies not being reasonable in light of one or more of my previous studies, future prospects and level of establishment.

Basically what is happening here is that the visa officer is seeing that your husband is in Canada, and you are also going to Canada. So, as a married woman you would want to stay in Canada. To resolve this issue, you need to do the following:-

1. Write a good SOP (statement of purpose) which explains why you MUST return back to your home country. such as parents having a lot of immovable assets. House deeds, etc, explain this in the SOP. Then explain that your husband is in Canada and if you wanted to go to Canada, you would have applied for an OWP (open work permit) but you applied for a study permit because your primary purpose is to study and living with your husband will help you to stay cheaper in terms of shared living expenses.

2. In this case explain that most of your expenses for the first year are covered by your scholarship.

3. Add a letter of sponsorship from your mother or father. This letter should say something like this and be on legal paper and notarised:-

I,xxxxxxxxx of xxxxxxxxxx, of Passport No- xxxxxxx, agree to sponsor my Daughter, xxxxxxxxxx, Date of Birth- xxxxxxx, Passport No- xxxxxxxxx, for the duration of her studies at the xxxxxxxxx.

I am able to and will provide support to the prospective student whose expenses are anticipated to be at least xxxxxxxxx for xxxxxx years tuition fees and xxxxxxxxxx per year for living expenses. I will provide CAD$xxxxxxx (Canadian Dollars xxxxxx Thousand Only) per year or a total of CAD$xxxxx (Canadian Dollars xxxxxx Thousand Only), over xxx years, towards the financial support of the above named prospective student.

4. Then add your parent's bank statement, wealth statement, income source, and tax certificate. Remember Income source is VERY important, because if your mother has CAD 5000 but no income source, it will be hard to believe that she would live on the rest CAD 2000 for the rest of her life.

5. Explain why this Masters will help you. add paper cuttings of job circulars which want this type of masters. Maybe you want to do a PhD after this, if so explain that. Add email copies between you and your supervisor. Show them why you are passionate about this course.

Finally, please note, there is 4 MB of space for upload/online documents in which you should have enough space to add 60 pages of documents, In case of paper applications, this is unlimited. SO PLEASE USE THIS SPACE. do not waste the space and add as many documents you feel that would prove that your application is genuine.

Also please remember that the second time application will take much longer, so if you want to catch this fall term, your really really need to get all this done within a week. Before 25th June.

Dont lose hope and do not apply for owp until next year. Because otherwise this application will weaken.

Hope the above info helps!

enywmara
Hi Enywmara

Your reply is very helpful and informative. I am preparing the package for my wife. Can we talk in private message please?