+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit refusal due to Purpose of Visit

ABMhatre

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Hello ABMhatre,

Sorry for the reject. But from the little I can deduct from your refusal reason, your choice of degree after good Bachelors degree with 73% and years of experience which certainly made you a candidate for university and masters at least. ( as you know, most unis masters accept from 70%, then why going for Diploma?

Try to work on that and give it another shot but that should be when you must have received your GCMS notes to know exactly the statement of the VO. You have a strong profile, all you need is good degree to show you genuinely wants to study and improve on already existing experience and degree.

Stay strong hearted ok, you will surly get it
I strongly feel that my current choice of program is a progression and would benefit my career.. I had even attached a reference letter from my Manager on how the program would benefit both me and my company on my return back to India.. The SOP and the documents submitted were very extensive and almost everybody I have spoke to and shown my application and documents are shocked that I got a refusal.. Especially in the current circumstances where(with all due respect), almost everybody are getting their AIPs front, left and center.. I have been given an extremely raw deal here..

kessyg

Oct 3, 2018
india
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Otta2a
I strongly feel that my current choice of program is a progression and would benefit my career.. I had even attached a reference letter from my Manager on how the program would benefit both me and my company on my return back to India.. The SOP and the documents submitted were very extensive and almost everybody I have spoke to and shown my application and documents are shocked that I got a refusal.. Especially in the current circumstances where(with all due respect), almost everybody are getting their AIPs front, left and center.. I have been given an extremely raw deal here..
Too much details would leave a suspecious to vo. That u r desperate to go canada.
Well ur comments abt less grades than yours are harsh but i can understand ur frustration. To be honest think abt why u failed inspite of these many details provided.

After all this much scores and grades, wrok experience if i were a VO I would have thought the same, no one would pick a college which is above 100 in canada. Wht ever u write in sop i would surely think that u r not going to leave canada..

Regarding others getting visa for low marks. With low grades they applied for what they can get at. He or she cant try for rotmans or mcgill but u have all possibilities to do.. This my friend made vo to take such decisions.

Tresh

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
Yea I understand you clearly. but to be candid, you're seeking advice and not conviction that you submitted a strong profile and that the course is a progression. if what you seek is conviction that your profile is strong, yes your profile is strong but it wont still change the fact that it was refused by VO for reason best known to them. All you need is seek variety of advices as people here have given and those here will give, and give it another shot. it will surely work out.

Petita

Aug 30, 2019
Did you reapply? Was it approved? How different was your second application if it got approved?
I took a rest, changed to a 2yr program and added more funds before reapplying last July (for Jan 2021 intake). Still waiting for the result, no single movement on my app yet. I’ve read here that they may not be prioritizing applications with previous refusals so I’m not really expecting for the decision to come out soon.

What I realized from my own and others’ experience is that your profile (work and prevIous education) and program in CA should make sense at first look. Sometimes they only check the information from the form(s) we submit. Anyone can get rejected no matter how well-written the SOP.

I highly suggest you challenge the refusal. Just hope and pray they read your SOP in your next application!

and please do share your GCMS notes. Thanks! Stay safe

ABMhatre

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
I took a rest, changed to a 2yr program and added more funds before reapplying last July (for Jan 2021 intake). Still waiting for the result, no single movement on my app yet. I’ve read here that they may not be prioritizing applications with previous refusals so I’m not really expecting for the decision to come out soon.

What I realized from my own and others’ experience is that your profile (work and prevIous education) and program in CA should make sense at first look. Sometimes they only check the information from the form(s) we submit. Anyone can get rejected no matter how well-written the SOP.

I highly suggest you challenge the refusal. Just hope and pray they read your SOP on your second attempt! God bless

and please do share your GCMS notes. Thanks!
Yes will do.. All the best..

• Love
Reactions: Petita

rahul0495

Mar 24, 2020
Yea I understand you clearly. but to be candid, you're seeking advice and not conviction that you submitted a strong profile and that the course is a progression. if what you seek is conviction that your profile is strong, yes your profile is strong but it wont still change the fact that it was refused by VO for reason best known to them. All you need is seek variety of advices as people here have given and those here will give, and give it another shot. it will surely work out.
i have done bachelor in commerce in 2009. ielts 7 and 3 time refuse latest got from cape Breton 2 year pg and i have exp of business development manager ,where should i reapply ,ucw mba or quebec herzing college or anywhere else any1 can help??

EsterO

Star Member
Aug 29, 2018
Hi,
From experience, I would say re-apply to a University with a 2 year Masters program, once you obtain your study permit and land, you can always switch to the college program you can afford. I had my classmate do that, now she's in Manitoba schooling. Also I switched from Applied Economics to an MBA program on arrival, particularly when I found out that Canada value MBAs highly. Good luck!

Panku Trehan

Star Member
Aug 18, 2019
I
Hello ABMhatre,

Sorry for the reject. But from the little I can deduct from your refusal reason, your choice of degree after good Bachelors degree with 73% and years of experience which certainly made you a candidate for university and masters at least. ( as you know, most unis masters accept from 70%, then why going for Diploma?

Try to work on that and give it another shot but that should be when you must have received your GCMS notes to know exactly the statement of the VO. You have a strong profile, all you need is good degree to show you genuinely wants to study and improve on already existing experience and degree.

Stay strong hearted ok, you will surly get it
I think it must not b force to choose unu or degree. If a candidate want to do diploma and paid full fees, gic and having good profile thn whts the problem. Everybody hasn’t 50k dollars to pay. M also i same situation like him.

Panku Trehan

Star Member
Aug 18, 2019
Did u apply va
i have done bachelor in commerce in 2009. ielts 7 and 3 time refuse latest got from cape Breton 2 year pg and i have exp of business development manager ,where should i reapply ,ucw mba or quebec herzing college or anywhere else any1 can help??
[/QUOTE
Did u apply caips after any refusal?? I think u shld

MadMax82

Aug 9, 2020
I'm not sure about it, but i suggest that you can first get admission from top uni in MBA and after getting sp change your uni to any college and any program that you want

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Why don't you start your own thread? You'll get help that way.

Afza Akhil

Dec 20, 2017
Yes I have applied for GCMS through a friend who is a PR holder on 14th.. Hoping to receive it within this week so I could answer the doubts the VO may have about my genuineness and apply before September 15..
Does applying for GCMS notes through a PR holder increase the chances of getting the notes faster?

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Hello All,

With a heavy heart I am starting this thread to inform about my study permit refusal with only a single reason mentioned, ‘I am not satisfied that you would leave Canada due to ‘Purpose of visit’.

My timeline:

Applied: 27th May(SDS online-India) Biometrics pending
Medical and Eligibility review started: 16th July
Refusal(Correspondence letter): 27th August

Profile:
10th - 90%(2008)
12th - 89%(2010)
Bachelor of Engineering(Biomedical): 73% (No backlogs)(2014)

Work Experience:
After that I started working immediately in an IT MNC Capgemini Technology Services in their medical domain as a Quality Analyst, testing medical software’s.
Capgemini(2014-2018)

Due to my experience in QA I was offered a Lead Quality Analyst job in a AgriTech company CS4 Robotics where I have been working since.
CS4 (2018-present)

College: Fanshawe college(Ontario)
Course: 1 yr IT Business Analysis(Co-op)(PG Ontario Graduate Certificate)

I chose the above course because my career would have stagnated after achieving the Lead QA role and furthering my studies in Business Analysis would allow me to become a complete IT strategist and take up roles in Product/Project Management in the future. (I wanted to select a course where I would actually learn something than a generic project management course that most people take)

IELTS: 8.5 (L/R/W/S - 9/9/7.5/7.5)

I am confident that I had written a very good SOP explaining my progression of studies as well as how that led to my jobs and how future studies in Business Analysis in Canada would support my career. I had attached all my payslips, Tax Returns and experience/reference letters from employers and also a letter from my current employer approving a leave of absence for my studies and having a job offer for me on my return back to India.

I am aware that there were a couple of weak points in my application due to my 6 years gap(which was completely covered by employment) and the proposed course being different to my Bachelors. But the progression of studies/career makes complete sense as I started working in medical domain of an IT company.
Another issue could be that I had a couple of US work/business visa refusals which is common if you are working in an IT MNC in India.

I find it difficult to swallow that in a time when people with extremely weak profiles(over 10 yrs gap, unrelated course, IELTS -5.5) are getting their AIP/approvals and my application was refused in spite of providing legitimate reasons and documents.

I’m thinking of reapplying before 15th September and any suggestions you guys can provide to overcome purpose of visit refusal would be most welcome..
It hasn’t been a good month considering the anxiety of the decision and then finally being refused but I am holding strong..

P.S - It seems like the decision was made in 16th July itself as the gckey account says 16 July eligibility refusal, but I was informed on 27th August a full 1 and half month later.

Also I had pre-emptively applied for GCMS notes on 14th August and waiting for it.
You have an excellent profile but the issue I see is your 1 year certificate program. VO might not have thought it as a career progression. Go for a Master's program and I am sure you will get through

Petita

Aug 30, 2019
Does applying for GCMS notes through a PR holder increase the chances of getting the notes faster?
I highly suggest you seek help from an individual. I applied for notes last Dec 23, 2019 through www.getgcms.com and got it on April 21, 2020 (took almos 4mos!)

They told me deadline is extended to 90 days so I applied for gcms again on Feb 4 through a resident and got my notes on March 5. Big difference! Same with my colleagues. They applied through the same person and they got all their notes within 30 days. Meanwhile, colleagues who requested from getgcms received 90-120 days extension request as well.