+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit - Quick Question regarding home ties

Mar 22, 2024
Hello everyone,

I've recently submitted my study permit application for a master's degree (fall 2024). The visa office on my country specifically mentions using only one page for the letter of explanation. I could not talk about my home ties at all, because the space was quite limited. For context, I will provide information about my background below.

Education : Senior undergraduate student (my letter of acceptance was conditional because I did not even graduate yet)
Family : no sister/brothers , both parents live in my country of residence (I'm a citizen of this country from birth)
Travel : I've never traveled abroad before
Additional info : my bachelor's is a STEM field, the master's program that I got accepted is the exact same field

Would you say that these demonstrate enough home times? I would like to hear your opinion. I mentioned about my future PhD plans after the master's and even gave names of some institutions in my home country, that I would like to attend. However, considering my age, I do not have any spouse/children/home/cars etc , is that problematic?

Thank you in advance =)