+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit questions

amir_bxy

Jul 5, 2016
Hello. Hope everyone's doing fine! I hope you help me with my questions. All questions are related to the online application forms. Here they are:

Let's start with the • Application For Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM 1294) Form:

1/ Some information do not apply for me, I looked it up on internet and on CIC's website, they mentioned that if it's an online application, type "N/A" or "not applicable". When I do that, it doesn't work, it tells me that I have to put numbers for example if it's a P.O Box which I don't have because I use my home address for mailing. Same with other sections from the same form. What should I do?

2/ There's a section for "employment". I'm still a high school student, does that mean I should just type "high school student" under current job and write my school name under "employer" with the date and everything else, or should I leave it blank?

3/ There's a section asking me to provide "Tuition, room and board and other". I'm supposed to type numbers. For the tuition, should I type the number I got in my offer of admission which represents the first year's tuition or should I type the whole program cost which is the tuition mentioned in the offer of admission multiplied by 4 for the 4 years? And for room and board, how would I know what will the cost be? Should I estimate? Right next to this section, it also asks me to provide the amount of money I'll have for my studies, it doesn't mention if it's for my first year or the whole program, what should I type?

4/ Finally, at the end of the form, in supposed to date and sign it, but since it's an online application, I won't do that in the PDF version of the form right? I saw on internet that when you're ready to submit your application, only then you'll provide your electronic signature. Does that mean I should leave all signature and date spots blank?

Now the • Family Information (IMM 5645 or IMM 5707) form
1/ I don't have children, there's a whole section for stating your children, but it's stated just under the section that if you don't have any children, you should sign and date to confirm that you don't have children. Signing will probably happen after submitting the application, but should I leave that section totally blank?

These are all my questions. I seriously hope you can answer them all because I'm confused. I'm so thankful.

anuragsood

Jan 5, 2017
amir_bxy said:
Hello. Hope everyone's doing fine! I hope you help me with my questions. All questions are related to the online application forms. Here they are:

Let's start with the • Application For Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM 1294) Form:

1/ Some information do not apply for me, I looked it up on internet and on CIC's website, they mentioned that if it's an online application, type "N/A" or "not applicable". When I do that, it doesn't work, it tells me that I have to put numbers for example if it's a P.O Box which I don't have because I use my home address for mailing. Same with other sections from the same form. What should I do?

2/ There's a section for "employment". I'm still a high school student, does that mean I should just type "high school student" under current job and write my school name under "employer" with the date and everything else, or should I leave it blank?

3/ There's a section asking me to provide "Tuition, room and board and other". I'm supposed to type numbers. For the tuition, should I type the number I got in my offer of admission which represents the first year's tuition or should I type the whole program cost which is the tuition mentioned in the offer of admission multiplied by 4 for the 4 years? And for room and board, how would I know what will the cost be? Should I estimate? Right next to this section, it also asks me to provide the amount of money I'll have for my studies, it doesn't mention if it's for my first year or the whole program, what should I type?

4/ Finally, at the end of the form, in supposed to date and sign it, but since it's an online application, I won't do that in the PDF version of the form right? I saw on internet that when you're ready to submit your application, only then you'll provide your electronic signature. Does that mean I should leave all signature and date spots blank?

1/ I don't have children, there's a whole section for stating your children, but it's stated just under the section that if you don't have any children, you should sign and date to confirm that you don't have children. Signing will probably happen after submitting the application, but should I leave that section totally blank?

These are all my questions. I seriously hope you can answer them all because I'm confused. I'm so thankful.
1. Just write in whatever segment is applicable to you and leave the rest blank. Do not write NA. Eg. If theres no PO Box No; leave it blank and just mention your house number in the next section and so on.

2. If there is no employment history. Leave it blank.

3. Not exactly sure, but what I did was, I just mentioned the tuition fee for one year (It was only a one year program) and left the other sections blank apart from "Funds Available" section. Please fill this part. Again I'm not 100% sure on this query.

4. I left the signature part blank but I did mention the date on the form.

**Family Information**

1. Since there was no pop-up for a digital signature in this form. So entered the details in the form, printed it, signed it and then scanned to upload it.

I personally have not received my visa yet, will apply in a day or two. All the best. :)

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

amir_bxy said:

3. Only first year tuition fees and CAD 10,000 for room and board.

siddique17

Sep 11, 2016
J5M said:
Hi,

3. Only first year tuition fees and CAD 10,000 for room and board.
Hello!
I have a query in the same form- My wife doesnt have a last name and only Given name in passport.

Should i write NA in lastname as its mandatory cant be left blank.

Help Appreciated. :)

DanielEcu

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Quito, Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota, Colombia
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2017
Doc's Request.
VAC - Upfront
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
12-04-2017
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
18-04-2017
LANDED..........
Will be 05-07-2017
amir_bxy said:

1. NA or blank where it doesn't allow you to put NA.
2. Write "high school student" and the start date... not the end date
3. First year tuition cost, for room and board, type an estimate. This total has to be less than what you will show as funds. The available funds should be the grand total you have available now, plus credit cards, etc.
4. Just fill date spots
1. Yes, leave it blank.

DanielEcu

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Quito, Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota, Colombia
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2017
Doc's Request.
VAC - Upfront
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
12-04-2017
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
18-04-2017
LANDED..........
Will be 05-07-2017
siddique17 said:
Hello!
I have a query in the same form- My wife doesnt have a last name and only Given name in passport.

Should i write NA in lastname as its mandatory cant be left blank.

Help Appreciated. :)
In personal information you have to leave blank, do not write NA