+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STUDY PERMIT-QUESTIONS- LOST

Dollyyyyy

Mar 22, 2017
Hello,

I am currently in the US and would like to apply for a PhD in Canada starting September 2018. I know that it might be a bit early, but applications will be open in a few weeks.
I am wondering when do universities send admission letters. I heard that it can be towards April or May, which is a bit late, because it won't allow me enough time to apply for a study permit.

Besides that, I have questions about the documents that I would need to submit for the study permit.
Do I have to include all my original diplomas and transcripts? Now, I only have my US transcripts, and all of my original diplomas and transcripts from previous studies are in my home country. Do I have to include them, or simply include the latest diploma?

Thank you !!

hq

Dec 15, 2016
Hi There...
I just have one through this process as i applied for Sep 2017 intake.
Well, You have to Upload/Send via post each and every document that is asked by the university for the subject and degree you r seeking admission for.
It said OFFICIAL transcript not ORIGINAL. Means all your transcripts/Degree certificates must be sent from the university/college u have earned your degree. OR you can make them VERIFIED by university/College officials and post them by yourself. Some universities like YorkU said that "you can send the OFFICIAL documents after you get a conditional offer letter of admission.
I hope i answered all your questions.

DanielEcu

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Quito, Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota, Colombia
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2017
Doc's Request.
VAC - Upfront
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
12-04-2017
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
18-04-2017
LANDED..........
Will be 05-07-2017
I got my approval letter on February 8th for the September intake. And mine got delayed because of some payment processing issues... I applied on December. Hope this helps

Dollyyyyy

Mar 22, 2017
DanielEcu said:
I got my approval letter on February 8th for the September intake. And mine got delayed because of some payment processing issues... I applied on December. Hope this helps
thank you!
can you tell me what university?

Dollyyyyy

Mar 22, 2017
hq said:
Hi There...
I just have one through this process as i applied for Sep 2017 intake.
Well, You have to Upload/Send via post each and every document that is asked by the university for the subject and degree you r seeking admission for.
It said OFFICIAL transcript not ORIGINAL. Means all your transcripts/Degree certificates must be sent from the university/college u have earned your degree. OR you can make them VERIFIED by university/College officials and post them by yourself. Some universities like YorkU said that "you can send the OFFICIAL documents after you get a conditional offer letter of admission.
I hope i answered all your questions.
thanks a lot for the answer :)