+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Question.. Plz help if you can.

t_boy

Oct 16, 2009
Hey Guy,
I will be applying for my study permit soon and I would like to know something about the available funds.
Tuition Fees for the program are 11,730(2 Semesters) and books and supplies are 800, I will not be staying on campus residence, because I will be staying with a relative so my question is. If I show that I have 14,000 canadian dollars available for one year, what are my chances of getting my study permit approved? A Lady told me once tuition and books/Supplies dont go over the funds I have I should get it, becuase she got hers, but every CHC is different so i just need some other opinions.

**** I will be staying with relatives, so i am not showing Room and board/ Expenses*****

Any help on this topic is appreciated. Thank You

Regards,
T_Boy

kista

Aug 24, 2009
You would need to provide CHC documented evidence that u would be living with ur relative. Is he/she is ur blood relative?

t_boy

Oct 16, 2009
Thanks for the reply, Yes a blood relative, the CHC for my area have a form called the ANNEX 1 so i listed her contact information on that form, thats all they asked to provide, her contacts.

so i'm hoping it goes well

kista

Aug 24, 2009
Yea, if u r living with ur true relative, u should be fine; i hope. Is he/she (with whom u r staying) is ur sponsor too? If he/she is affording the costs of ur food, groceries, then 14,000 should be fine.

kista

Aug 24, 2009
It's like two sponsors, which is fine i think because she is ur blood relative. Where are you applying for visa?

kista

Aug 24, 2009
different embassies may behave differently but hopefully u would be totally fine. But, they may ask u if u have a sibling in canada why will u return? They may get the impression that u want to settle there. So provide them really strong enough ties to ur homeland.

kista

Aug 24, 2009
U should seriously think about proving ur ties if u r going to stay with ur sibling in Canada. Usually people avoid telling embassy that they have relatives in Canada when applying for Studnet visa.

t_boy

Oct 16, 2009
Ok Cool, you have been very helpful thanks alot. But i dont have any brothers or sisters i'm the only child by both parents and they are here with me in my home land. It's just my aunt from my father side who lives in canada. I contacted the CHC to find out what assets of ties i have to show but they said i am going to study and i am visa exempt, and they only ask for ties for visitor visas, so not necessary but i dont trust that agent.

kista

Aug 24, 2009
I obviously don't know the CHC of ur area. I'm from Pakistan. So what I told u is based on experiences from Pak and India mostly. But as far as I know, people usually don't tell embassy that they have any relatives in canada. Though, I know people who mention their relatives in canada and they do get visa. U may tell embassy that u would live with ur aunt. If they don't object, GREAT. Otherwise just be ready to answer that why is ur aunt supporting u by providing residence etc?