+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[Study Permit]Question about the new rules for international students‏

leslie_lcz

Jun 18, 2014
Currently I'm reading the new rules for international students and have some questions about it.

I have applied and received the study permit in May, 2014. I am still in my home country now and plan to arrive at Canada in August. I may want to change my designated institution from one to another before arrive in Canada.

I want to know how I can make the change.

Do I need to apply the study permit again? Will I need to go through the whole application process again, or just notify CIC via my MyCIC account (I notice there has an option to do this in MyCIC account)?

princekmasih

Star Member
Jun 8, 2014
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-08-2017
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
LANDED..........
29-12-2017
Just notify CIC through myCIC... N your course should be at same or higher level... And college should be a DLI

leslie_lcz

Jun 18, 2014
princekmasih said:
Just notify CIC through myCIC... N your course should be at same or higher level... And college should be a DLI
Thanks. I just worry about that I may get troubles at the POE. Because they have new policy for international students this year.

dreamzzz

Star Member
Mar 20, 2014
canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
16-june-2016
Med's Done....
passed 12-july-2017
Passport Req..
23-08-2015
princekmasih said:
is it ritten some where that the course should be same or higher? please post the link..regads

Trevisol

Jun 21, 2014
just follow online steps and you should be fine as long as both institutions follow DLI, designated leaning institution