+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Processing Time Delay

Mikra

Aug 31, 2016
Hi,
I really need your help because i'm freaking out. Here's my full story.
I applied for my Study permit online via CIC website on the 5th of August 2016.
On the 6th of August, I received an email stating that my application has been updated, i went to check but i found nothing.
Anyways, in the country where i'm living, Lebanon, they do not need a medical result, or my biometrics.
When i applied (August 5), the processing time was 4 weeks, then it changed to 5 weekd and now its 6 weeks.
So i just want to know if you have any idea about my visa or id it will come soon.
My classes will start on the 6th and my final deadline is 19th of September.

Thanks Everyone,

Michel

darsan95

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
india
Category........
Visa Office......
ahmedabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2016
Med's Done....
31-08-2016
i have submitted my application on 5th august too but from india..and my classes gonna start from 6th too. i think both of us gonna receive the visa decision next week.. so don't worry.. :)
Mikra said:
Hi,
On the 6th of August, I received an email stating that my application has been updated, i went to check but i found nothing.
Anyways, in the country where i'm living, Lebanon, they do not need a medical result, or my biometrics.
When i applied (August 5), the processing time was 4 weeks, then it changed to 5 weekd and now its weeks.
So i just want to know if you have any idea about my visa or id it will come soon.

Thanks Everyone,

Michel

Mikra

Aug 31, 2016
darsan95 said:
i have submitted my application on 5th august too but from india..and my classes gonna start from 6th too. i think both of us gonna receive the visa decision next week.. so don't worry.. :)
Ow great!! Did you submit it online or offline by papers ?
Are you going to Concordia University ?

darsan95

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
india
Category........
Visa Office......
ahmedabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2016
Med's Done....
31-08-2016
Mikra said:
Ow great!! Did you submit it online or offline by papers ?
Are you going to Concordia University ?
by papers. no.. i m going to humber college for Gbm.

darsan95

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
india
Category........
Visa Office......
ahmedabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2016
Med's Done....
31-08-2016
canadavisa0410 said:
i applied on 28th july yet no reply
expect to get the decision soon.. my friends applied on 28th received their visas. if u have applied under spp expect to hear decision in a day or two. :) good luck bro

AliFakhoury

Sep 24, 2019
Hi,
When i applied (August 5), the processing time was 4 weeks, then it changed to 5 weekd and now its 6 weeks.

Thanks Everyone,

Michel
Did you end up going? If so how long did it take to get approval by the embassy?
I applied from Lebanon too, and I've been waiting for 2.5 weeks. (how much more time should I expect to wait?)