+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit process

Jakehands

Oct 26, 2021
I'm from Denmark but I currently live and work in Vietnam. I have applied for a study permit and have done the biometrics in Hanoi. I am now awaiting my study permit acceptance. However, unexpectedly, I have to leave Vietnam soon, so I won't be able to submit my passport at the CVAC here in Vietnam. Does anyone know if I can present my passport at a CVAC in another country? Thanks.

Sunita_Khary

Aug 17, 2018
Hi Team,
I have applied for my study permit extension on August 06, 2021 and its been 2.5 months now. My initial application for study permit expired on September 30, 2021. I am currently residing in USA, but my father has some serious health and need to travel to India immediately.

My question is, Can I travel to India and get the approval from India itself (while application is pending) OR should I come back to US for approval, as I am planning to stay in India for at least 1 year minimum.??

Please help me out

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm from Denmark but I currently live and work in Vietnam. I have applied for a study permit and have done the biometrics in Hanoi. I am now awaiting my study permit acceptance. However, unexpectedly, I have to leave Vietnam soon, so I won't be able to submit my passport at the CVAC here in Vietnam. Does anyone know if I can present my passport at a CVAC in another country? Thanks.
You need to send a webform updating your address when you leave Vietnam. If approved, yes you can get stamping in another country.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Team,
I have applied for my study permit extension on August 06, 2021 and its been 2.5 months now. My initial application for study permit expired on September 30, 2021. I am currently residing in USA, but my father has some serious health and need to travel to India immediately.

My question is, Can I travel to India and get the approval from India itself (while application is pending) OR should I come back to US for approval, as I am planning to stay in India for at least 1 year minimum.??

Please help me out
Your extension will be rejected because you left Canada. Why are you in the US when your studies are in Canada? Are you taking a leave of absence from your studies for 1 year? How much time have you spent studying in Canada and how long is your program. Most programs now require you to attend classes in person.

Jakehands

Oct 26, 2021
You need to send a webform updating your address when you leave Vietnam. If approved, yes you can get stamping in another country.
Thanks for your reply. Do you know if a temporary address would be sufficient? I will be living in Thailand for two months.

Sunita_Khary

Aug 17, 2018
Your extension will be rejected because you left Canada. Why are you in the US when your studies are in Canada? Are you taking a leave of absence from your studies for 1 year? How much time have you spent studying in Canada and how long is your program. Most programs now require you to attend classes in person.
I am taking online classes from USA. So, I have applied for extension from USA. Now, I need to move to India, so I am really worried, what needs to be done?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am taking online classes from USA. So, I have applied for extension from USA. Now, I need to move to India, so I am really worried, what needs to be done?
You are posting different information on different threads. You can’t apply for an extension outside of Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As already specified you can’t apply for an extension while out of Canada. Is your goal PGWP? If you are only studying online and out of Canada you won’t qualify for PGWP.