+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit ...plz help..Urgent

docsazm

Star Member
May 11, 2016
Hello,
1) Kindly advice regarding tuition fees, should mention for 1 yr?
Housing n boarding? I have to take off campus...so?
Others fees? What to write in that column ?

2) if I am getting support affidavit from family member, should send it original in paper application or copy?
3) regarding sop, should be one sop if applying with family or separate?
Thanks

azh7018

Feb 8, 2016
docsazm said:
Hello,
1) Kindly advice regarding tuition fees, should mention for 1 yr?
Housing n boarding? I have to take off campus...so?
Others fees? What to write in that column ?

2) if I am getting support affidavit from family member, should send it original in paper application or copy?
3) regarding sop, should be one sop if applying with family or separate?
Thanks
1) yes mention for 1 year
the ammount of money you are showing for your stay in canada after paying ur fees or deducting the amount of fees
must be divided in two halfs and keep one for living expense other for accomodation

2) i am not sure, but i prefer to send orignal, because it can be created again

3) only one sop for yourself, if any famliy member coming along, you shud mention his/her detail in your sop

docsazm

Star Member
May 11, 2016
Thanks...
Just wanna ask that according to CAQ dates approved are from dec16. Although the course start sept 16?
Does it matter?
Plz reply soon, I m worried

canadalhr

Star Member
May 30, 2016
docsazm said:
Thanks...
Just wanna ask that according to CAQ dates approved are from dec16. Although the course start sept 16?
Does it matter?
Plz reply soon, I m worried
yes bro. change the dates
did you mention wrong dates when u applied for caq??

docsazm

Star Member
May 11, 2016
no, I applied as per offer letter...
Actually, my course start with official in winter 2017, but there is one urgent module in sept16 ,if I won't attend it, admission will be cancelled...
My university wants me to come for sept symposium on visitor and then apply for study permit....
What should I do? Apply study permit with the same CAQ n invitation latter for sept?
Plz advise

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
I may be wrong but I think this symposium might be something less than 6 months in duration.

So I don't think you need study permit or CAQ for it.

You just need the TRV to attend it. Which makes your issued CAQ fine.

You should confirm with McGill's ISO though

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
Yep.

This is from Concordia's ISO site:

"Anyone undertaking a course or program of study of more than six months in the province of Quebec MUST be authorized to do so by Immigration Quebec. This authorization is given in the form of a Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) which is issued for the level of study and duration of the length of your program, e.g. generally three years for a Bachelor or Ph.D. program, two years for a Master’s program."

So for a course less than 6 months in duration, no need of CAQ and Study Permit. Only visitor visa

docsazm

Star Member
May 11, 2016
Yes, the symposium is just two weeks in sept 16and program will start Jan 17.
So what should I do, apply study permit n TRV altogether ?
Or go on TRV and apply SP from within Canada. As it will be short time for sp after I return back?
Confused... :'(

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
It's june so you have enough time to apply for both SP and TRV at the same time.

Just make sure your letter of explanation clarifies this. It should be very concise and extremely clear that you intend to go for the symposium, come back and then go again for your program in January.

No point in applying for the visa twice

docsazm

Star Member
May 11, 2016
But my CAQ is sent to Riyadh office...so I guess no point in getting permit within Canada...

It's no harm in applying for both at same time ,I.e. SP n TRV.

AND REGARDING MY FAMILY.? Should apply TRV now or later when I apply my study permit?

Plz reply.... I m soooo confused....

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
I'm guessing they won't be going for these two weeks, they'll only go for Winter 2017 too.. So apply then together with your own study permit application