+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Please Help Me

erinalb

Dec 10, 2019

So I made a mistake I think. I accepted employment off campus and I have a work permit for my co-op and i have my study permit and my SIN, however I just noticed that I do not have the conditions on my study permit that state I can or cannot work off campus as an international student, and I just noticed my work permit said i cannot accept employment outside of the listed employer which is my university. I am freaking out and I dont want to get in trouble with the government. I called the number 800 622-6232 and asked the lady if I would be in trouble, but she said no that since my study permit was issued after 2014 i should be allowed to take employment outside of university, but I am still freaking out and I dont know if I should terminate my employment or if I should contact the government. I am applying to extend my study permit and I dont want to get into trouble for this. It is really effecting my mental health as the thought of getting in trouble is causing me to have suicidal thoughts since I do not want to have to break any bad news to my family. PLEASE HELP

erinalb

Dec 10, 2019
Additionally when I am applying to extend my study permit should I be honest and mention I am working a part-time job or should I ommit that information so I do not get caught? Please this is really making me anxious someone help.