+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit on conditional offer of study

PunjabiInUK

Oct 28, 2015
Hello everyone!
I have got conditional offer of study from a college in Toronto. i.e. either I have to submit my IELTS score or I have to take their (college's) internal English test when I arrive there. In this case, when would I get my study permit? My son and husband have to apply for their visa after I reach Canada, so ideally when should they apply the visa? At what point, so that rejection chances are minimal?
Regards..

haider4726

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Regina,Canada
Visa Office......
lahore VAC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
22-05-2015
Med's Done....
04-06-2015
Interview........
no interview
Passport Req..
submitted along with documents
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2015
LANDED..........
10-08-2015
getting a visa on a conditional offer has less chances than that with an unconditional offer and since your letter is from a Canadian college i suggest that you submit IELTS score and get an unconditional offer letter before applying as this is more economical(as studying an english course in Canada may cost around CAD 8K) and has more chances of approval
Getting a study permit depends highly from where you are applying
Your son and husband have to apply visa after you reach Canada why and how is that related to your application please provide some details in that regards

PunjabiInUK

Oct 28, 2015
Thanks for your advice. My husband and son are not applying with me because that will increase the visa rejection chances. That's the reason I would first reach there, get my study permit, then they'll apply.
I am applying for my visa from UK. Could you tell me if I enter Canada with conditional offer, for what duration would I get the study permit at the port of entry?