+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit- May applicants for Sep intake gather here

Pomo30

Aug 30, 2022
Hi Everyone, my timeline is:

Application Submission : 18 April 2022
Biometric Collection Letter : 18 April 2022
Biometric Completed and Updated : 25 April 2022

Since then silence...I need to complete a medical exam but haven't received the request yet. Raised two forms - no response, deferred my studies to Winter 2023. Is there anyone who is in a similar situation? I see that people have been waiting for a decision for months, but at least they get medical requests. I really do not know what to do. Applied from Brazil (non-SDS). I don't know if they even touched my application.

• Sad
Reactions: parrots and Zizuzu

Preshberry

Star Member
Oct 18, 2021
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Nairobi
VISA ISSUED...
06-10-2022
LANDED..........
13-12-2022

Since then silence...I need to complete a medical exam but haven't received the request yet. Raised two forms - no response, deferred my studies to Winter 2023. Is there anyone who is in a similar situation? I see that people have been waiting for a decision for months, but at least they get medical requests. I really do not know what to do. Applied from Brazil (non-SDS). I don't know if they even touched my application.
first of all, you should have done your medical and submitted it via webform. medical review takes upto one month. And there is no law against having an upfront medical weeks or days after submitting your application. Your file was lodged on the 18th of April, if you had done medical by 20th or before 30th of April, IRCC would have gotten your medical reviewed by now.

however, raise a webform or get GCMs note and enquire about your applicaiton as the process time (which is 12 weeks) have elasped.

since you deferred. please go and get your medical done, which ever ways, you will be sure of an upfront medical before Winter 2023

wishing you the very best result.

Georgita

Jul 13, 2022

I'm in a same boat, waiting for medical request, however my eligibility check started a month ago.

Concerning the medical check-up after applying: I have researched this issue and this is not a solution to speed up the IRCC, in fact, it is possible that after you upload the results via the web form, they will ask you to do so using a special numbered form. So it'll be more frustrating than waiting.

Preshberry

Star Member
Oct 18, 2021
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Nairobi
VISA ISSUED...
06-10-2022
LANDED..........
13-12-2022
I'm in a same boat, waiting for medical request, however my eligibility check started a month ago.

Concerning the medical check-up after applying: I have researched this issue and this is not a solution to speed up the IRCC, in fact, it is possible that after you upload the results via the web form, they will ask you to do so using a special numbered form. So it'll be more frustrating than waiting.
i disagree on this becuase, your medical is uploaded to thier platform 3 days after the result is out. the platform is not ur applcation account.
so even if they asked u for medical, you can simply upload the slip the clinic gives you via webform to them.

Eligibility without medical for country that medical is required is not good at all. it can cause delay to response or much more.

please try do the upfront and drop. they are particular about our health

phoenix197

Star Member
Jul 1, 2021
Category........
STUDY
IELTS Request
23-10-2021
Med's Done....
09-05-2022
URGENT HELP REQUIRED: Are we supposed to provide visa details like UCI Number and APPLICATION NUMBER along with Medical details to the immigration department for e-MEDICAL updation? kindly reply

Preshberry

Star Member
Oct 18, 2021
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Nairobi
VISA ISSUED...
06-10-2022
LANDED..........
13-12-2022
URGENT HELP REQUIRED: Are we supposed to provide visa details like UCI Number and APPLICATION NUMBER along with Medical details to the immigration department for e-MEDICAL updation? kindly reply
if you have lodged your file before going for medical. YEs!
if you are yet to lodge your file, you simply tell them that it is upfront medical.

but if you have previous UC1 number. pls use it

Reactions: phoenix197

Georgita

Jul 13, 2022
i disagree on this becuase, your medical is uploaded to thier platform 3 days after the result is out. the platform is not ur applcation account.
so even if they asked u for medical, you can simply upload the slip the clinic gives you via webform to them.

Eligibility without medical for country that medical is required is not good at all. it can cause delay to response or much more.

please try do the upfront and drop. they are particular about our health
I don't agree that medical examination after the applying is somehow helping to expedite processing. I know people waiting to pass medicals almost 1-2 months as they were not requested and also it was not upfront exam.

Anyway thanks for your response. I think eligibility check before medicals isn't so bad, because many people experienced it.

Pomo30

Aug 30, 2022

Is it somehow shown on your application that your eligibility started?
That's what my application says:

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: April 25, 2022 Completed.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Blind Dolphin

Star Member
Oct 4, 2020
Please, is it possible to have passport request on your application status in the portal but not receiving any email to that effect
you will only get request on portal. Email will be only saying like 'YOU HAVE AN UPDATE OR MESSAGE AT YOUR PORTAL'. Not exact words but will say something like that in email and then you have to login to portal and check what message or update they have made. Just go to messages part and download passport request letter and read all instructions. Follow them and you are all done.

Georgita

Jul 13, 2022
Is it somehow shown on your application that your eligibility started?
That's what my application says:

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: April 25, 2022 Completed.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
I have the same statuses, you can see them in my signature.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022

In my view, it is better to wait for a medical request because on many occasions the IRCC asks for the medical in the end of their process, which means that in case they decide to reject your application, you might not receive a request for medical at all. On the other hand, you may take a medical exam only to find out that they request some additional tests from you, which sometimes take up to 8 weeks to make. In this case, the earlier you do your medical the better. If you have an upfront medical with such delays with some additional tests, it is better to do them all prior to your application or as early as possible. So, it's basically up to you with only guarantee that you will be accompanied by frustration in both cases.

• Haha
Reactions: Geet7

RedDragon22

Jul 21, 2022
Hello! Any Philippines or Manila Visa Office application still in progress for more than 100 days already?

Submitted my application on May 6, currently 118days now, GCMS received and eligibility passed.

Patiently waiting for PPR :cool: