+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit- May applicants for Sep intake gather here

Vanitha mani

Aug 2, 2022
Hi,
I submitted my file on May 20th and completed biometricson 26th. Mine is fall intake. Still now I didn't receive any updates. Is any one got the PPR with the same timeline?

HS7

Jun 6, 2022
App. Filed.......
May 19, 2022
Med's Done....
June 6, 2022
Hi,
I submitted my file on May 20th and completed biometricson 26th. Mine is fall intake. Still now I didn't receive any updates. Is any one got the PPR with the same timeline?
Your dates are almost same as mine, mine. I have no updates too.
My medical was upfront.

12 weeks from application date will be 10 Aug
12 weeks from biometric date will be 17 Aug

Last edited:

Amirious

Aug 3, 2022
Hello All!
I submitted my application for a study permit on May 11th. Since I had already given my biometrics a couple of years before when I applied for a visitor visa, I didn't need to give biometrics again. I Got asked to upload my CAQ and did so on June 8th. Does the processing time for my application begin from May 11th or June 8th? I'm still waiting for a decision to be made and today it has been 12 weeks! Has anyone with the same submission date received a decision?

Applied on: 11 May 2022
Biometrics: Already given previously
Medical examination: no need
CAQ added to application: 8 June 2022
No news.......

cpsingh

Star Member
Jul 29, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your dates are almost same as mine, mine. I have no updates too.
My medical was upfront.

12 weeks from application date will be 10 Aug
12 weeks from biometric date will be 17 Aug
I have a similar status.

Applied - May 18
Biometrics - May 24
Medical upfront.

No status updare so far.
SDS from India

Reactions: teacherji and HS7

preciousugwala

Feb 19, 2020
Hi all, I received correspondence letter today but no PPR or denial, does it usually take this long for the decision to be made after correspondence letter and if it’s delayed does that mean denial? Hopefully not . Anyone experiencing this as well?

Jul 30, 2022
Guinee Conakry
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Quebec
NOC Code......
Montreal.Quebce.canada H3Z 2AZ
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Med's Request
Immigration pour aller travailler
Interview........
Ouï
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Permis d'etudes
Jul 30, 2022
Guinee Conakry
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Quebec
NOC Code......
Montreal.Quebce.canada H3Z 2AZ
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Med's Request
Immigration pour aller travailler
Interview........
Ouï
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Permis d'etudes

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Has anyone here already deferred their fall intake?
I'm still hoping to receive update within this month
Yes, I have deferred the start date of my program to Winter 2023 already because even in case of the positive response from the IRCC, the tickets prices are over the roof. My application is May 8, Biometrics May 12, medical updated 29 June with no updates whatsoever for my husband (OWP). Today is exactly 12 weeks since the date of the biometrics given. How about you, what is your timeline?

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hello All!
I submitted my application for a study permit on May 11th. Since I had already given my biometrics a couple of years before when I applied for a visitor visa, I didn't need to give biometrics again. I Got asked to upload my CAQ and did so on June 8th. Does the processing time for my application begin from May 11th or June 8th? I'm still waiting for a decision to be made and today it has been 12 weeks! Has anyone with the same submission date received a decision?

Applied on: 11 May 2022
Biometrics: Already given previously
Medical examination: no need
CAQ added to application: 8 June 2022
No news.......
Hey there! We have a similar timeline. My application is May 8, Biometrics May 12, medical updated 29 June with no updates whatsoever for my husband (OWP). Today is exactly 12 weeks since the date of the biometrics.

I would say your processing time starts from May 11 since only biometrics is not included in the processing time. Any additional documents requests are within the processing time and the fact that the IRCC had asked for your CAQ means that they were processing your file around that time. What has happened since then, who knows? A million dollar question these days.

Which country did you apply from? SDS?

Reactions: Amirious

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hi all, I received correspondence letter today but no PPR or denial, does it usually take this long for the decision to be made after correspondence letter and if it’s delayed does that mean denial? Hopefully not . Anyone experiencing this as well?
A lot of people have reported getting their BVLs and waiting for their decisions days, weeks or even a month after. On the other hand, there are many people saying that they have received their biometrics, medical updates and BVLs, correspondence letters and PPRs on exact same day. So, it's that sort of range these days. Congratulations on your file moving along, which is the best sign anyway! :D