+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit- May applicants for Sep intake gather here

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hi there,

I applied for my non-SDS study permit on Jul 5th, a Bengali resident from Saudi.
Jul 6th gave biometrics, Jul 24 eligibility review started.
Today I received additional document request from Riyadh IRCC, my original transcript, which I have submitted and received submission confirmation.

Is it norm to get transcripts requested (I applied for fall 22 MA degree)?
I don't recall transcript being part of application documents, and it seems rarely people receive this request.

Just trying to ease my mind, wondering if it is a good sign or not..

Yes, transcripts is a must for those applying via SDS and is frequently required for non-SDS applicants as well. And I agree with Geet 7, it means you file is moving, so cheer up! :)

Blind Dolphin

Star Member
Oct 4, 2020
Sorry if this is common knowledge but what does "Ghost Update" mean?
It means some officer has went through your file and may also have updated or noted some comments internally but actually there is no message for you at the moment. This is called Ghost Update....... you can't see but someone have opened and updated your file....

HS7

Jun 6, 2022
App. Filed.......
May 19, 2022
Med's Done....
June 6, 2022
It means some officer has went through your file and may also have updated or noted some comments internally but actually there is no message for you at the moment. This is called Ghost Update....... you can't see but someone have opened and updated your file....
Do you know what causes them to send the same webform auto reply email again after 1+ month? is that also a ghost update?
When I submit my upfront medical through webform I got 1 auto reply email then 1+ month later recently I got the same auto-reply email again. I didn't submit any new webform.

Blind Dolphin

Star Member
Oct 4, 2020
Do you know what causes them to send the same webform auto reply email again after 1 month? is that also a ghost update?
Its normal, I have also received 2 response, same email response of webform, with a month gap. I was surprised too but it may be due to reprocessing the request or result of an error. There is nothing wrong for getting double reply.

Reactions: HS7

HS7

Jun 6, 2022
App. Filed.......
May 19, 2022
Med's Done....
June 6, 2022
Its normal, I have also received 2 response, same email response of webform, with a month gap. I was surprised too but it may be due to reprocessing the request or result of an error. There is nothing wrong for getting double reply.
Ok thanks! was worried my application was bugged.

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
I received my Letter of Introduction from IRCC today, which is the document that we have to present at immigration to request my wife's study permit and my open work permit. However, the validity of the document is one month shorter than the duration of the program. The document expires in July 2024 and the study program finishes in August 2024.

Will this affect the duration of the Study Permit once it's issued?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I received my Letter of Introduction from IRCC today, which is the document that we have to present at immigration to request my wife's study permit and my open work permit. However, the validity of the document is one month shorter than the duration of the program. The document expires in July 2024 and the study program finishes in August 2024.

Will this affect the duration of the Study Permit once it's issued?
You extend your permits in Canada a few months prior to expiry.

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
You extend your permits in Canada a few months prior to expiry.
Thank you! Based on your reply, I understand that the Study Permit date will most probably be the same as the introduction letter validity and my wife will need to apply for an extension once in Canada.

aaimy

Jul 18, 2022
Applied from Malaysia on the 27th of May
Biometrics passed June 9th
Medicals not done upfront, waiting for IRCC to request
Review for elgibility started July 23rd

Anyone experience anything similar? Eligibility review before medical, will I be receiving some updates and movement on my profile soon?

paolaBW

Jul 23, 2022
I had promised to write here as soon as we received a message from the IRCC: today my son's file has wonderfully changed from 'in queue for review' directly to 'approved'. Since biometrics collection on the 10th of may we have only received this message today (i.e. on the 28th of July 2022): 'RE: validity of your biometric information'. I think the study permit will arrive soon, as the final decision on the IRCC-portal states: '28 July 2022 - Your application has been approved'. Incredible. I wish you an happy end too.

LeeLe

Star Member
Jun 17, 2022
I had promised to write here as soon as we received a message from the IRCC: today my son's file has wonderfully changed from 'in queue for review' directly to 'approved'. Since biometrics collection on the 10th of may we have only received this message today (i.e. on the 28th of July 2022): 'RE: validity of your biometric information'. I think the study permit will arrive soon, as the final decision on the IRCC-portal states: '28 July 2022 - Your application has been approved'. Incredible. I wish you an happy end too.
That's awesome. May i ask where you applied from? Again, thank you for letting us know.