+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit ( language school )

A.Y.C.A.

Jan 23, 2021
Hello everyone;

i am wondering what are the chances that my application will be accepted if I apply for a study permit to study at a French language school in Montreal. I have about 4 months vocation from June till the end of September.

my question is will they approve my application considering:
1) it’s a language school not a university.
2) duration is only 4 months.

( I graduated from Canada in 2016, went back to my country and worked for 3 years, and currently doing a master degree in Malaysia, and the expected date of graduation based on the letter from the university is may 2022)

thank you very much

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone;

i am wondering what are the chances that my application will be accepted if I apply for a study permit to study at a French language school in Montreal. I have about 4 months vocation from June till the end of September.

( I graduated from Canada in 2016, went back to my country and worked for 3 years, and currently doing a master degree in Malaysia, and the expected date of graduation based on the letter from the university is may 2022)

thank you very much
Chances will be low however you can certainly try.

If you want to take a program in Canada that is six months or less, then you do so on a TRV or eTA - you don't need a study permit. However the challenge with that right now is the travel restrictions that are in place due to COVID-19. Traveling on a TRV or eTA isn't possible right now unless you meet exception criteria (e.g. family in Canada).

You can try for a study permit. Generally speaking study permits have a much lower chance of approval for language programs. This will make even less sense now given the pandemic and the fact that many courses are online.

A.Y.C.A.

Jan 23, 2021
Chances will be low however you can certainly try.

If you want to take a program in Canada that is six months or less, then you do so on a TRV or eTA - you don't need a study permit. However the challenge with that right now is the travel restrictions that are in place due to COVID-19. Traveling on a TRV or eTA isn't possible right now unless you meet exception criteria (e.g. family in Canada).

You can try for a study permit. Generally speaking study permits have a much lower chance of approval for language programs. This will make even less sense now given the pandemic and the fact that many courses are online.
thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am not sure but I don’t think there is a French language school with an approved DLI in Québec.

Thank you
Of course there are. Any of the CEGEPs most likely have french courses and even the universities like Concordia. To get approved since you need a study permit right now, you need a DLI school because they have to be approved with a COVID readiness plan. If your school is not on the list you can’t travel to Canada. Another option is to wait a year when travel restrictions have eased.

Reactions: A.Y.C.A.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hello everyone;

thank you very much
Hello,

At this time of COVID-19 pandemic, getting a study permit for a Language program maybe an hurdle to jump due to the scrutiny of the program significance and the cost effect.

It would have been much ideal when the Visit Record was used to facilitate entry for such purpose.

At this point, you have your instinct to guide you, as if you don't try no experience will be gained.

Regards

Reactions: A.Y.C.A.