+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit June 2019 expect delays?

vhptanh@97

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
Hi. My sister is currently an international student in the U.S. and she applied for study permit non-SDS from the U.S. on June 18th and no updates since then. She already had biometrics on file as she had a Canadian visitor visa. We're so worried now that the visa may be rejected as we forgot to include the tuition payment. She had her father's bank account whose amount exceeds the tuition and the parents just started a new business in home country though. The processing time for applicants from the U.S. is 3 weeks, but it's more than 3 weeks already.

Can anyone share their experience to calm us? Should we expect a reject?

Timeline:
June 17th - Online non-SDS application submitted
June 18th - Submission letter received
June 18th - Biometrics updated
June 20th - Application is processing

no updates since then.

The processing time posted on the ircc website is 3 weeks. Applied from U.S. (not U.S. PR).

Thanks much!

js2192

Jul 2, 2019
Hi. My sister is currently an international student in the U.S. and she applied for study permit non-SDS from the U.S. on June 18th and no updates since then. She already had biometrics on file as she had a Canadian visitor visa. We're so worried now that the visa may be rejected as we forgot to include the tuition payment. She had her father's bank account whose amount exceeds the tuition and the parents just started a new business in home country though. The processing time for applicants from the U.S. is 3 weeks, but it's more than 3 weeks already.

Can anyone share their experience to calm us? Should we expect a reject?

Timeline:
June 17th - Online non-SDS application submitted
June 18th - Submission letter received
June 18th - Biometrics updated
June 20th - Application is processing

no updates since then.

The processing time posted on the ircc website is 3 weeks. Applied from U.S. (not U.S. PR).

Thanks much!
Im in the same boat. I called them and they said they will contact the office and tell them its delayed. No confirmation that they will indeed do that though. I applied on June 14th from NY

vhptanh@97

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
Im in the same boat. I called them and they said they will contact the office and tell them its delayed. No confirmation that they will indeed do that though. I applied on June 14th from NY
Do you know how can I know which office processes my application, LA or NY? As I read on the ircc website, I can submit a web form if my application takes more time than the normal processing time posted on the site, but I don't know which office that I should send the web form to.

I hope we can hear from them soon. My sister's term starts in September, and we need to do lots of things if the visa is approved, or there would be enough time to reapply if it is refused.

js2192

Jul 2, 2019
Do you know how can I know which office processes my application, LA or NY? As I read on the ircc website, I can submit a web form if my application takes more time than the normal processing time posted on the site, but I don't know which office that I should send the web form to.

I hope we can hear from them soon. My sister's term starts in September, and we need to do lots of things if the visa is approved, or there would be enough time to reapply if it is refused.
Well if its an online application it gets processed in Canada.

vhptanh@97

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
I didn't know that. So when I check for processing time, what should I put in "Where are you applying from"? U.S. which is 3 weeks or Canada which is 4 weeks?

Thanks for your information.

chintankuv

Jul 11, 2019
I have applied for Student Visa (SDS) from India on 11th June 2019, its been just over 30 days and I am yet to get any further updates. Shall i expect a reject or is it delayed because of the rush in VISA applications for the term starting from September 2019. Usually the via the SDS process it take 3 to maximum 4 weeks and the processing time starts only after submitting bio-metrics which is making me worry more.

Timelines:
11th June - Online SDS application (Mumbai)
13th June - Biometric Appointment and Submission
22nd June - Update - Medical Cleared (Had appeared for the medical test prior to visa application)
Till Date - Application under process

Any information / personal experience regarding this shall be valued, appreciate your help.

Thanks !

vhptanh@97

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
Same to me. No response yet and its been exceeded 3 weeks. I gonna wait till the end of this week and may submit a web form.

akul.rk

Jun 6, 2019
I got the passport request today!
Congratulations... did you get any email about correspondence letter before passport request, if you get how long does it take for pass port request.
because i got correspondence letter today du to asking( I applied study permit from usa on june 18th, biometrics on 4rth july.

this passport request for your sister's or your's

vhptanh@97

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
For my sister. I didn't apply.

Only 15-30' or so after the correspondence letter. You'll get yours soon.

Good luck.