+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit - Jan 21 intake - York Schulich

John601

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
Hello guys,

I am a Jan'21 prospective student. Want to know when is the correct time to apply for a study visa?
Some people are advising to hold the application as of now.

Also, Can I trust the Non SDS method? Would I get the visa by december? If it takes time, hopefully I can initiate another SDS application in parallel.

The problem with SDS is that I am having issues collecting 50K tuition all at once. Please do advice.

Thanks.

Last edited:

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
You should choose either SDS or non-SDS. Both can be "trusted" but the chances of receiving an approval by December are not the best at the moment. You should apply as soon as you can.

Aicerg49

Sep 21, 2020
Hello guys,

I am a Jan'21 prospective student. Want to know when is the correct time to apply for a study visa?

Also, Can I trust the Non SDS method? Would I get the visa by december? If it takes time, hopefully I can initiate another SDS application in parallel.

The problem with SDS is that I am having issues collecting 50K tuition all at once. Please do advice.

Thanks.
Hey! I've been told the same, that I should wait, and now I don't know what to do... Are you planning to apply soon, then?

John601

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
Hey! I've been told the same, that I should wait, and now I don't know what to do... Are you planning to apply soon, then?
I am thinking of applying after 10th October. Just waiting for any further updates from IRCC. Are you planning for SDS or Non SDS?

Reactions: Aicerg49

Aicerg49

Sep 21, 2020
I am thinking of applying after 10th October. Just waiting for any further updates from IRCC. Are you planning for SDS or Non SDS?
I think I'll apply in the upcoming week. I won't do it through the sds. Let's keep updating each other, hopefully permits will be getting approved soon

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello guys,

Thanks.
I would be applying ASAP because there are huge backlogs. If applying from India there are extra hurdles. VFS are closed so biometrics and passport stamping are not available.

Aicerg49

Sep 21, 2020
Update: Applied on 20 of October and received the refusal today. Any immigration lawyer that you can recommend since I want to re apply? Reasons are: purpose of visit and immigration status. thanks!

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Update: Applied on 20 of October and received the refusal today. Any immigration lawyer that you can recommend since I want to re apply? Reasons are: purpose of visit and immigration status. thanks!
See my guide to study permit refusals (link in signature) or share your full profile for more advice.