+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Jan 2023 refused

Mugisa Andrew

Jan 25, 2023
My study permit for Jan 2023 was refused giving a reason as lack of enough funds.
And yet I submitted proof that i had more than required.
And they also said they were not convinced that I would leave Canada after my studies.
What can I do, team

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My study permit for Jan 2023 was refused giving a reason as lack of enough funds.
And yet I submitted proof that i had more than required.
And they also said they were not convinced that I would leave Canada after my studies.
What can I do, team
What is your full profile? How much in funds did you show? What program? Order GCMS notes.

Mugisa Andrew

Jan 25, 2023
What is your full profile? How much in funds did you show? What program? Order GCMS notes.
My name is Mugisa Andrew and am a Ugandan.
I got an acceptance letter from Montreal College of Information Technology for Bachelors in Computer Networking and Technical support for Jan 2023 intake.
The annual tuition was CAD $13,500.00.
I had $ 3,000 on my own account and my sister(sponsor) had more of which bank statements were submitted.
I was still given a reason for refusal as lack of enough financial support.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My name is Mugisa Andrew and am a Ugandan.
I got an acceptance letter from Montreal College of Information Technology for Bachelors in Computer Networking and Technical support for Jan 2023 intake.
The annual tuition was CAD $13,500.00.
I had $ 3,000 on my own account and my sister(sponsor) had more of which bank statements were submitted.
I was still given a reason for refusal as lack of enough financial support.
How long is the program? Did you pay first year tuition? Because you need around $25k per year including living expenses. You only have $3k so how will you pay for your studies. You cannot even afford tuition with $3k. How old are you because your sister’s funds do no have to be considered? How much did she show?

MCIT is a private college and you cannot take a bachelors. Is it even a DLI? If not, choose a public school.

Mugisa Andrew

Jan 25, 2023
Am 20 years old
Bachelors in Computer Networking and Technical support at Montreal College of Information Technology is a one year program
Half of the tuition and medical insurance is already paid hence remaining with unpaid balance of $ 6,750.
My sister is the one paying for my studies

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Am 20 years old
Bachelors in Computer Networking and Technical support at Montreal College of Information Technology is a one year program
Half of the tuition and medical insurance is already paid hence remaining with unpaid balance of $ 6,750.
My sister is the one paying for my studies
You have CAQ? So it is not a bachelors, it is a certificate or diploma because a bachelors is at least 3 years. Change schools because MCIT is garbage and just for international students. Don’t even think it is a DLI. Go to a public university or college.

As for expenses, you still need to show a minimum of $10k for living expenses. Does your sister have that in a personal bank account. She needs to show that she isn’t using all your funds for your education. So she should be showing at least $17k plus more for her to live.

Order GCMS notes because “not convinced you will leave” usually means taking a one year diploma at a non DLI is a waste time and money. What great jobs did you show to justify costs with a one year program?

Last edited: