+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit: Is Police Certificate required for returning students who left Canada more than 6 months?

dandoh

Dec 9, 2018
I applied for MSc study permit and was approved 2 years ago.
Back then, I included my Police Certificate and medical exam upfront.

I have left Canada for 7 months. Recently, I just applied for another study permit for my PhD study, but this time I neither medical exam nor Police Certificate did I include.

Now CIC send a request for my medical exam.
Does that mean that I don't need to provide a Police Certificate? I imagine they would require all the necessary documents at the same time.

Dreamsandhopes4ca

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
I applied for MSc study permit and was approved 2 years ago.
Back then, I included my Police Certificate and medical exam upfront.

I have left Canada for 7 months. Recently, I just applied for another study permit for my PhD study, but this time I neither medical exam nor Police Certificate did I include.

Now CIC send a request for my medical exam.
Does that mean that I don't need to provide a Police Certificate? I imagine they would require all the necessary documents at the same time.
If you are from INDIA then you dont need to submit a police certificate but medical is essential.

Reactions: dandoh

dandoh

Dec 9, 2018
If you are from INDIA then you dont need to submit a police certificate but medical is essential.
Oh, I'm from Vietnam actually, not sure if the same thing applies.

So I'm basically a returning student who just happened to leave Canada for more than 6 months because of Covid, hope they'll be lenient about it.