+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit inside Canada

parisi

Aug 3, 2021
Thank you. Yeah I will keep you posted as well if there is any update. I have started my PhD in Sept and now its almost one month that my study permit is expired.
I received the SP today. Tuesday I called the ircc. I insisted and the agent finally looked at my file and told me that normally it should have been processed a long time ago. Today my file has been updated 3 times (documents sent in July added, eligibility, decision). I was unlucky for three months, and I finally got some luck with this very kind agent I talked to on Tuesday. I hope you will get some good news soon. And if needed, if you are currently in Canada, you can contact your MP's office, they can help you.

Meet691618

Oct 27, 2021
I received the SP today. Tuesday I called the ircc. I insisted and the agent finally looked at my file and told me that normally it should have been processed a long time ago. Today my file has been updated 3 times (documents sent in July added, eligibility, decision). I was unlucky for three months, and I finally got some luck with this very kind agent I talked to on Tuesday. I hope you will get some good news soon. And if needed, if you are currently in Canada, you can contact your MP's office, they can help you.
Did you apply for study permit restoration?

Meet691618

Oct 27, 2021
I applied for study permit restoration and i have not recieved any updates yet i applied on August 4th i am very tensed about it is taking so long time

Azlan Aslam

Star Member
Jun 1, 2019
Congratulations. That's really good to hear. Although it took a long time but at least you have got it. I sent a webform yesterday and I will wait for a couple of days for any response on that. I am in Canada and I will try to contact the MP of our area and will request to get any update for me. If nothing, then I will give them a call too. Thank you for letting me know

Reactions: parisi

kool30

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Could you share, what number did you contact I have been trying the number and every time call lands In at IVRS and doesn't get through with any agent?

parisi

Aug 3, 2021
The number is 1-888-242-2100. You should call them between 11 am to 3 pm Montreal time. It's usually less busy.

kool30

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Congratulations. That's really good to hear. Although it took a long time but at least you have got it. I sent a webform yesterday and I will wait for a couple of days for any response on that. I am in Canada and I will try to contact the MP of our area and will request to get any update for me. If nothing, then I will give them a call too. Thank you for letting me know
Did you hear anything from IRCC? I am also waiting for study permit extension for more than 2 months. How long are they taking for the extension?

Azlan Aslam

Star Member
Jun 1, 2019
Did you hear anything from IRCC? I am also waiting for study permit extension for more than 2 months. How long are they taking for the extension?
I sent them the webform last week. Today I got an update in my application that " We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." Let's see what is next. I applied on July 28th, 2021.

kool30

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
I sent them the webform last week. Today I got an update in my application that " We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." Let's see what is next. I applied on July 28th, 2021.
My application is under review since Oct 09, with no further progress. How long does normally application remain under review?

Reactions: mgrc420

Azlan Aslam

Star Member
Jun 1, 2019
My application is under review since Oct 09, with no further progress. How long does normally application remain under review?
I don't think there is any specific time. I read on different threads that sometimes u get a decision after 7-10 days when ur review starts and sometimes it even takes months. So, you cannot estimate how much days it will take for the decision to come after the start of the review.

kool30

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
I don't think there is any specific time. I read on different threads that sometimes u get a decision after 7-10 days when ur review starts and sometimes it even takes months. So, you cannot estimate how much days it will take for the decision to come after the start of the review.
Okay, Please post here when you get your extension approved.