+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit has been rejected

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I think the agent is misguiding you here based on your backlogs. I had the same thing happen to me. Backlogs do not matter. But your CGPA is what matters. Try some other courses relevant to your field at a good college like George brown.
Yes backlogs can matter. If you have a large amount of backlogs there can be concerns that you will not be a student who can complete their studies in Canada. For competitive programs schools will look at how many backlogs you have. Not discouraging OP from applying. Just pointing out that they do factor into some decision making.

Reactions: Arocia

Arocia

Feb 19, 2020
Yes backlogs can matter. If you have a large amount of backlogs there can be concerns that you will not be a student who can complete their studies in Canada. For competitive programs schools will look at how many backlogs you have. Not discouraging OP from applying. Just pointing out that they do factor into some decision making.
It can matter but if you have good projects and grades with a strong SOP & LOR, there’s a chance of getting into the program that you want in a decent uni. I wanted to say this because the agents (from many different consultancies) whom I met with a long time ago said that it is not at all possible for me to get into a university with all the backlogs I had. He asked me to forget about Canada and look at other countries. I’m just saying that for their business, they discourage students by trying to get them into low ranked colleges or universities (the ones they have tie-ups with)

Last edited:
Reactions: canuck78