+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit from within canada for Sister on VISITOR Visa

ssingh5

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Hello everyone,

My sister is in canada on visitor visa. She needs to apply for study permit and get an admit into college for 2 years diploma. Can anyone tell me the process or links or reference to it.

She has 9 years of gap in study now as she did her 12th or high school in 2009 and after that she was working in India.
She got 6 bands in IELTS.

Any help will be appreciated ? I dont mind sending her to New Brunswick or Nova Scotia province if there she has a good chance of getting approved. but my priority will always be Ontario.

@selvakk

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hello everyone,

My sister is in canada on visitor visa. She needs to apply for study permit and get an admit into college for 2 years diploma. Can anyone tell me the process or links or reference to it.

She has 9 years of gap in study now as she did her 12th or high school in 2009 and after that she was working in India.
She got 6 bands in IELTS.

Any help will be appreciated ? I dont mind sending her to New Brunswick or Nova Scotia province if there she has a good chance of getting approved. but my priority will always be Ontario.

@selvakk
It is always better to apply for study permit from home country as you will be able to better prove you home country ties. As long as there is no gap between her +12 and work then that should not be an issue.

See which colleges accept her grades and IELTS. Band 6 is low and you can look to improve it.