+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit from Saudi Arabia Jan 2022 Intake

Moh Alduais

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
I am a Yemeni student, applied for a master's degree at the University of Alberta.
I received my LOA, and I want to create this thread as a reference for future students.
I will update my timeline regularly once I receive an update.
I hope other students from Saudi Arabia share their updates too.

My timeline:
Applied 21/September
Biometrics Collection Letter received on 22/September
Received a ghost update at 10:13 pm, 22/September
I will do my biometrics on 26/September since tomorrow is Saudi national day:cool:

Sulmd

Sep 23, 2021
I'm at the stage where I'm gathering the necessary supporting documents before applying, hopefully within the next two weeks
and would appreciate all the help I can get.

Did you apply through VFS or online by yourself?

Moh Alduais

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Did you explain your immigration status in your SOP?
Yes. I only mentioned that I have valid Iqama and I have exit/re-entry visa. Also, mentioned that my sponsor, which is my father, will renew my Iqama and visa during my time studying in Canada. I attached a letter from my dad stating that he will renew them that’s all what I added regarding my immigration status.

Sulmd

Sep 23, 2021
Explaining my immigration status is the biggest hurdle in my application since I work in a company and can't get more than a two-month exit re-entry. I'm trying to establish myself academically and professionally, hoping to satisfy the VO to approve it.

I wish you all the best, and keep us updated

Moh Alduais

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Explaining my immigration status is the biggest hurdle in my application since I work in a company and can't get more than a two-month exit re-entry. I'm trying to establish myself academically and professionally, hoping to satisfy the VO to approve it.

I wish you all the best, and keep us updated
I don’t know how you can address this. I guess the only thing is to explain that you will leave the country and will go back to your home country. Don’t take my word I am not an expert. Wish you the best.

atmeh

Sep 25, 2021
Hey! I'll be applying for the same intake in a week and I wanted to know in which section do we have to upload our passport stamps to show travel history? In the first passport supporting document or attach with IMM 5257 form? Should I include all my passports or just the valid recent one?

Moh Alduais

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Hey! I'll be applying for the same intake in a week and I wanted to know in which section do we have to upload our passport stamps to show travel history? In the first passport supporting document or attach with IMM 5257 form? Should I include all my passports or just the valid recent one?
For me I attached both my new and old passport (including all stamps) in the passport slot. Also, I did it again in the client information after my SOP.
What I know you upload old ones if you want to show your travel history.

atmeh

Sep 25, 2021
For me I attached both my new and old passport (including all stamps) in the passport slot. Also, I did it again in the client information after my SOP.
What I know you upload old ones if you want to show your travel history.
Great! Thank you.

Also, in the main application form, there's a column for tuition fee and living expenses. That amount should be of 1 year or the whole program?

atmeh

Sep 25, 2021
And can we book for vfs biometric appointment before getting a request letter? Where did you book and did you get the dates early?

Moh Alduais

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
My timeline:
Applied 21/September
Biometrics Collection Letter received on 22/September
Received a ghost update at 10:13 pm, 22/September
Biometrics on 26/September and updated the same day

Moh Alduais

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Review of eligibility started today.