+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit from Italy to Canada

Sdr003

Sep 25, 2021
Hi!
I have an international homestay student coming to live with me from Italy. She will be attending grade 12 and she is still waiting on her study permit. How long does it take on average to get the study permit? Her school year has started and she is anxious to get here. Anyone from Italy that is waiting or just recieved their study permit? Also, would she be able to apply for an ETA and come to Canada and wait to receive her study permit here?

jassi1234

Nov 5, 2018
Hi!
I have an international homestay student coming to live with me from Italy. She will be attending grade 12 and she is still waiting on her study permit. How long does it take on average to get the study permit? Her school year has started and she is anxious to get here. Anyone from Italy that is waiting or just recieved their study permit? Also, would she be able to apply for an ETA and come to Canada and wait to receive her study permit here?
Mine took around 8 weeks from Italy.

Reactions: Sdr003

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
She can apply for ETA but can't study. She needs to show proof of vaccination. The Homestay organization should know what to do.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi!
Estimated processing times are 3 months. How long ago did she apply?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
She applied in August, I think it's been about 6 weeks.
So processing averages 12 weeks and most likely more. Once past the 12 weeks, she can raise a webform to ask about status (if she has access to her account). She applied really late for the fall semester.

Sdr003

Sep 25, 2021
So processing averages 12 weeks and most likely more. Once past the 12 weeks, she can raise a webform to ask about status (if she has access to her account). She applied really late for the fall semester.
She is receiving mixed information. Her agent, who assisted her with her application told her 2 weeks and when she went to the Canadian embassy in Rome they told her 3-4 weeks.

Sdr003

Sep 25, 2021
Yes she did apply late. She had a study permit and everything in place to study in Japan, but they closed their borders to international students, so she decided to apply to study in Canada.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes she did apply late. She had a study permit and everything in place to study in Japan, but they closed their borders to international students, so she decided to apply to study in Canada.
All she can do is wait. What province is she going to school in?

Sdr003

Sep 25, 2021
Yes she is fully vaccinated. The high school in my area isn't semesters, it's the same courses from September to June. If she doesn't get the study permit soon she most likely not come as she will miss too much school. This is our first time as a homestay host family. We evicted our tenant in our house in order to do this. We found out in August that we had a student coming from China and then found out a that her study permit got rejected, then we got this girl from Italy as a late applicant.