+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit for Refugee Claimant

jname185

Jun 24, 2022
Hello! I made a claim at the airport and have submitted the forms. On the Schedule 12 form, there is an option to indicate whether I am requesting for a work or study permit. I ticked the option that says both. However, I saw online that work permit doesn't need a separate application but the study permit does. May I know if this is correct? Do I need to make a separate application for my study permit or is it included in my claim submission? I am very confused right now so any help is appreciated!

Reactions: Suri5654

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello! I made a claim at the airport and have submitted the forms. On the Schedule 12 form, there is an option to indicate whether I am requesting for a work or study permit. I ticked the option that says both. However, I saw online that work permit doesn't need a separate application but the study permit does. May I know if this is correct? Do I need to make a separate application for my study permit or is it included in my claim submission? I am very confused right now so any help is appreciated!
Can you share the link? If that is the case, best way is to call and speak with an Agent to clarify. i thought when you ticket both you should be able to receive both