+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit for international Phd Student with full funding

rustysri

Oct 13, 2018
Hello

I am an international student and received an offer for PhD from Mcmaster university. The funding ( every year) includes research scholarship of CAN$12000 + department scholarship of CAN$5700 and Teaching assistantship of CAN$5600. I used the words ‘scholarship’ and ‘assistantship’ wherever applicable according to the offer letter.

I need to pay tuition fee of CAN$ 8100 per year.

For visa process, i need to show CAN$10000 + tuition fee (8100 CAN$ in my case) = CAN$ 18100.

So, what part of my funding would be applicable as proof for financial support ?
In addition to my funding, how much i need to show in my bank account for getting the study permit ?

Please give your valuable guidance in this topic. Thank you very much in advance.

Ferhad

Oct 13, 2018
All of them are applicable. You’ll receive around 23k per year which is enough to cover your tuition fee and living expenses. Upload all documents that prove your funding and you should get your study permit without a problem

rustysri

Oct 13, 2018
All of them are applicable. You’ll receive around 23k per year which is enough to cover your tuition fee and living expenses. Upload all documents that prove your funding and you should get your study permit without a problem
Thank you Ferhad for the quick response. There are some discussions in the forums which highlight that ‘RA/TA (future income) can not be a proof of funding’ and this will be the reason for visa rejection. Can you clarify on this.

Ferhad

Oct 13, 2018
Not true. I’m a PhD student and I always applied and extended my study permit based on my RA and TA stipend

rustysri

Oct 13, 2018
Not true. I’m a PhD student and I always applied and extended my study permit based on my RA and TA stipend
Thank you very much. I have a condition in my offer letter i.e. to submit my official transcript and degree certificate for my masters course completed in sept 2018. I will get my certificates in Nov 2018. Do i need to wait till the receipt of my official certificates for the Visa application or i can apply for study permit with conditional offer letter ( i already have it) and unofficial transcript ( can get one from college in october) ?

Akruby

Aug 10, 2018
Thank you very much. I have a condition in my offer letter i.e. to submit my official transcript and degree certificate for my masters course completed in sept 2018. I will get my certificates in Nov 2018. Do i need to wait till the receipt of my official certificates for the Visa application or i can apply for study permit with conditional offer letter ( i already have it) and unofficial transcript ( can get one from college in october) ?
Hi Rustysri,
I am also looking for phd program can u plz give an how did you apply for phd n what document do you send to them.
Also which intake you apply for

Thnks

Jaydeep_CE

Feb 9, 2017
Hello Rustysri,
Please can you suggest me to courses for Ph.D. related to Civil Engineering. and what is the procedure to apply for Ph.D?

jcjc56

Feb 21, 2022
Hi everyone. I have been admitted to the PhD in neuroscience program in Western University. I have already sent all the documents for the study permuta but I have a doubt and I would like to know if you could help me. As proof of financial resources I sent my bank statement with approx 5000 CAD and the offer of admission signed by my potential supervisor. In this letter he specifies that I Will receive a funding package of minimum 27000 CAD. Do you think these documents are enough to prove the financial aspect of the study permit application? Thanks

Reactions: Dystcha07