+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit for double master degree

May 27, 2021
My niece is applying for a study permit from India. She is a masters in arts and intends to do a double masters here. The consultant in India is advising to go for a professional diploma instead of another masters degree. They are of the opinion double masters might not be counted and the study permit denied.

Question : Does the application for a double masters degree gets denied while applying from India

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My niece is applying for a study permit from India. She is a masters in arts and intends to do a double masters here. The consultant in India is advising to go for a professional diploma instead of another masters degree. They are of the opinion double masters might not be counted and the study permit denied.

Question : Does the application for a double masters degree gets denied while applying from India
A masters program at a public university is better than applying for a diploma.

Reactions: thingsthatmatter

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

The consultant is an idiot and your niece shouldn't listen to him. As said above, the chances of being approved for a study permit are far higher for a masters. A plain diploma will get her refused since this progression of studies doesn't make sense.

The consultant is probably getting a kick back from the diploma school for referring her there. He doesn't have her best interests in mind, he's only thinking of himself and the money he's going to make off of her.

Ditch the consultant.

Reactions: thingsthatmatter