+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit financial capacity - doubt

Anurudhya

Aug 21, 2019
Hi,
Can I submit the account balance certificate from any Indian bank for financial capacity? ( For example: city union bank or Tamilnadu mercantile bank) Or is there any specific list of banks ?
Kindly clarify on this as early as possible. It's really confusing

Anurudhya

Aug 21, 2019
Yes. But what are those approved financial institutions. Does it include the banks that I have specified

Rajgur

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
They should be because
They cannot operate without rbi approval
If they are working they are approved
But to be on the safe side
Open an account in well recognized banks in the country such as sbi,hdfc,pnb,axis etc and show bank balance certificate

Anurudhya

Aug 21, 2019
Thank you so much for the timely help. But if I suddenly open a new account in one of the well recognized bank and get the bank balance certificate, will that be enough? Is it ok not to show last 3 months transaction history , since I will not be having it in the new account

Rajgur

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
You don’t have to show any previous funds for Canada whether its sds or non-sds (not necessary)
And the balance certificate doesn’t show when the account was opened
Just the amount and other info is written to make sure you have funds for your support in Canada.

Anurudhya

Aug 21, 2019
Thank you very much. Since I have got admission in University of Montreal, the GIC should be for $10,000 CAD or $11,000 CAD (Specific to Quebec). Also if I take GIC and show the first year's paid fee receipt would it be enough or some other document is required to show financial capacity.

Kindly help me on this. Thank you in advance

Rajgur

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
No nothing else for sds
And you can deposit gic as much as you want,but minimum is 10,000
For Quèbec too
You are ok if you deposit 10,000

Anurudhya

Aug 21, 2019
Thank you. I am a bit worried because few of my friends who have already moved to Canada said that even if we apply through SDS, in addition to GIC and first-year fee receipt it's better to show some other financial document and it will strengthen my financial status. Is it true? Does it(extra financial document for SDS) play a major role in the acceptance of study permit?

aryansood89

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
Toronto
LANDED..........
12-12-2019
Thank you. I am a bit worried because few of my friends who have already moved to Canada said that even if we apply through SDS, in addition to GIC and first-year fee receipt it's better to show some other financial document and it will strengthen my financial status. Is it true? Does it(extra financial document for SDS) play a major role in the acceptance of study permit?
No