+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension

French_guy

Jul 27, 2023
Hi
Can I enter Canada with a study permit that will expire within 2 months?
The goal is to enter Canada with my current study permit to resume class in September, and file for a study permit extension as soon as I'm in Canada (which will give more than the 30 days recommended by IRCC)
Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi
Can I enter Canada with a study permit that will expire within 2 months?
The goal is to enter Canada with my current study permit to resume class in September, and file for a study permit extension as soon as I'm in Canada (which will give more than the 30 days recommended by IRCC)
Thanks
Assume this is for your daughter. Yes as long as she has TRV/ETA.

French_guy

Jul 27, 2023
Corr
Assume this is for your daughter. Yes as long as she has TRV/ETA.
Correct, it's for my daughter
She doesn't have a TRV but a valid ETA linked to her passport
Since the plan is for her to submit a study permit extension as soon as she is on Canadian soil, I'm trying to confirm immigration won't give her troubles with a study permit expiring "soon" (slightly less than 2 months)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Corr

Correct, it's for my daughter
She doesn't have a TRV but a valid ETA linked to her passport
Since the plan is for her to submit a study permit extension as soon as she is on Canadian soil, I'm trying to confirm immigration won't give her troubles with a study permit expiring "soon" (slightly less than 2 months)
No issue.

sisswa

Feb 1, 2016
Yep, you can totally enter Canada with a study permit that's about to expire soon. Just make sure you apply for an extension ASAP once you're there.