Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
New Delhi1
Hey There!
I applied for a SP extension (inside Canada) on 25th October 2021, and haven't recieved any update yet. (fees fully paid, adequate funds shown, current transcripts + Letter of Enrollment have been uploaded too).

Those in the same boat, can share their timelines here.

Thank You.

Sid R

Apr 19, 2021
You can try for GCMS Notes if possible, I was about to do that but somebody suggested me to try the Local MP Office in my area and after contacting them, they did help me out to check the status of my application which was somewhat equivalent to GCMS Notes but verbally. May you get your Study Permit Extended soon. Wish you all the very best! Good Luck :)

yowyow

Jan 7, 2022
Hey There!
I applied for a SP extension (inside Canada) on 25th October 2021, and haven't recieved any update yet. (fees fully paid, adequate funds shown, current transcripts + Letter of Enrollment have been uploaded too).

Thank You.
in the same boat. I applied on 16th October 2021. Still haven't received any updated yet.

Sarah1980

Apr 15, 2019
Hey There!

Thank You.
Hello,

Do you remember what were the processing times at the time you applied ? I found in the past this to be the most reliable method to figure out if my application takes longer than expected, even during COVID time.
Right now it says 57 days but it could have been longer when you applied (they also say they are processing the ones submitted in end of September at the moment but this is all study permits combined).

Alamj

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
New Delhi1
Hello,

Do you remember what were the processing times at the time you applied ? I found in the past this to be the most reliable method to figure out if my application takes longer than expected, even during COVID time.
Right now it says 57 days but it could have been longer when you applied (they also say they are processing the ones submitted in end of September at the moment but this is all study permits combined).
If memory serves me right, as per their website, they were processing mid August applications back then.

FlyingPit

May 24, 2019
You can try for GCMS Notes if possible, I was about to do that but somebody suggested me to try the Local MP Office in my area and after contacting them, they did help me out to check the status of my application which was somewhat equivalent to GCMS Notes but verbally. May you get your Study Permit Extended soon. Wish you all the very best! Good Luck :)
What is MP office? Which one should I contact?

progga

May 11, 2022
how fast did you get it after contacting the mp office?

Sid R

Apr 19, 2021
how fast did you get it after contacting the mp office?
The help from MP Office worked like this: They made me sign a consent form to access my file on their behalf, and they just connected themselves with the IRCC representative and added a note to my file saying that it is URGENT. Hence, the IRCC did process my application within two weeks max!

But, they only help if you have genuine reasons or urgency for processing the application.

progga

May 11, 2022
The help from MP Office worked like this: They made me sign a consent form to access my file on their behalf, and they just connected themselves with the IRCC representative and added a note to my file saying that it is URGENT. Hence, the IRCC did process my application within two weeks max!

But, they only help if you have genuine reasons or urgency for processing the application.
I applied for my study permit extension and I have not received it. I completed my studies and want to apply for pgwp but I cant work if I dont apply with a valid study permit. In this case I really need the study permit extension asap since I have to apply for pgwp really quick within the 90 days period. So I have no idea if i should contact MP office

Sid R

Apr 19, 2021
Ohh, I see. I recommend you to get in touch with the MP Office. If one political party's office does not work well for you, try a different one but make sure you do try in your arena only since they ask for your local postal code and a proof of address indicating one on your Photo ID.

Also, I have seen such issues with my friends; they did apply for PGWP on their Final Transcripts and Program Completion Letter and received their PGWP before receiving their Study Permit Extension. What happened was they did receive both together, and that's okay. It might have happened that the Officer issuing PGWP also checked the file for Study Permit Extension and granted both together.

But, better connect with the Local MP Office first and then take further steps ahead. They will help you out. Please explain your situation politely and in as detail as possible and humbly request them for help. I am sure they will!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I applied for my study permit extension and I have not received it. I completed my studies and want to apply for pgwp but I cant work if I dont apply with a valid study permit. In this case I really need the study permit extension asap since I have to apply for pgwp really quick within the 90 days period. So I have no idea if i should contact MP office
You should apply for the PGWP and explain that you are waiting for your study permit approval which you expect to be approved and to be added to your application for PGWP.